“Excellent Luxury Property”
Review of Metropole Hotel

Metropole Hotel
Ranked #49 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have stayed at the Metropole Hotel on two separate occasions - 10 years ago and again now. I had a great stay 10 years ago and this stay was just as good. The hotel remains relevant, beautiful, and well located. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have just returned from a week's stay at The Metropole Hotel. I took my mum for a week away and what a gem we found. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. There are plenty of antiques scattered around. It's got tons of character & is so elegant. The staff are amazing. I can't praise this hotel enough. Our room which was 153 was so lovely overlooking the garden area. Fabulous drop off by private water taxi right outside the hotel. We went to the opera to see Madame Butterfly & the hotel organised a private water taxi to take us there & bring us back. The restaurant is exquisite, food is amazing & staff were fabulous in what they recommended to us. It's expensive but well worth it. The Oriental Bar is really good too. Food excellent & once again staff fab. The hotel is really close to San Marco Square just over one bridge & you're there. Very close to everything you need. Lots of different restaurants to try which are of great value & fabulous views of the Grand Canal. Vaporetto stop just a few yards from hotel. Really reasonably priced tickets for the water bus. We got one for 7 days and cost €50 each bargain. The Metropole is absolutely fantastic & I have already booked to visit again in September, can't come quick enough for me.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank prestburyCheadle
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My daughter and I spent 4 nights at the Metropole in April. The hotel is beautiful, the lobby and the restaurant areas are stunning. The room was nice and clean, but the walls were very thin (we were awakened by the TV next door several times) and the bathroom tiny. There was no noise from outside, probably because the maid closed the heavy shutters each night.
The staff was wonderful, very friendly and helpful. The concierge booked dinners and gave us directions everywhere. Breakfast was amazing, they had everything you could imagine including smoked salmon and desserts.
We had a lovely stay during a very busy weekend, however, for the price the rooms at the Metropole are not what I would expect. Venice is very expensive and I really did not comparison shop but I feel that you are paying for the service, location and the common areas more than for the room. It did feel like a home away from home to us, we spent a lot of time sitting in the lobby and garden which were lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. They were very nice in giving us a choice of rooms, the first option was on th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you are a fan of minimalist boutique -style hotels, this is not for you. However, if you love the tradition of Venice, reds and golds, gilded mirrors, ornate carvings and cherubs, not to mention superb service, this is definitely the one. The bar, lounge, reception and rooms are all decorated in traditional style - we had the most amazing carved oak bed, complete with cherubs - and are most comfortable and luxurious. We had a side room looking onto a small canal, which was quiet, just the noise of boats passing by.

The restaurant, in contrast to the rest of the hotel, is decorated in tasteful greys and creams, you can eat outside in fine weather in the delightful garden if you wish. Breakfast was good, with plenty of choice and starts at 7am - good if you have an early start as we did.

The hotel is ideally situated for all the sights, with taxis and vaporettos just a short stroll away. Reception staff are most helpful, as indeed, are all the staff at this delightful hotel.

Room Tip: Side or garden rooms are quieter. It may be nice to look out over the lagoon, but it is noisier.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed at the Metropole in late April and was very happy with this property. It is beautifully furnished with antique furniture all throughout the hotel and the ambiance is amazing. The location is great as well, less than a 10 minute walk to St. Marks Square, Doge's Palace and St. Marks Basilica. Staff was very friendly and I would only use this hotel upon returning to Venezia.
Highly Recommended!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HabibaContractor
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right in the centre of the main attractions of venice. Very opulent but didnt spend a fortune on a room. Service by the multilingual staff was very attentive. Room we had was lovely, view was a side canal but you could look round into the bay - front facing rooms would attract a premium I guess. Nice breakfast- would suggest eating out for dinner though as the hotel restaurant was a bit out of our price range

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is a fantastic hotel located in the heart of Venice steps away from the Piazza San Marco and the Grand Canal. Like many Venetian buildings what lies behind the facade is more beautiful than the outside might indicate. This place has history and ambience to spare. Vivaldi taught lessons here! The concierge staff never failed to recommend excellent restaurants. The rooms were quite large and the heated floors in the bathroom were heaven in late December when we visited. The breakfast room served an excellent meal. I can't say enough about this place. If I go back to Venice I will certainly stay here!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family