“Gluten Free Paradise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Unfortunately I found it only on the last evening and it was right next to our hotel.... But the Gluten Free pizza, lasagne was excellent. Even the regular food was good. Infact on our way out we ordered a Gluten Free pizza for takeaway at 10:30 a.m. and they had it ready for us...Gluten Free food is always more expensive but it wasn't too pricey...

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went looking for this place especially for the gluten free pizza. Finding somewhere in Venice is a challenge itself. Place looks dodgy to begin with but we gave it a shot. Gluten free pizza was very disappointing - they say Italian food is supposed to be made with love, there was no love in this pizza. My friend had a standard pizza and it was the same. You could tell that fresh ingredients were not used. One staff member in particular was VERY unprofessional and left us watching our back the whole way home. The whole experience made us stuff what food we could tolerate and leave quickly.

1  Thank Michaela_RBrisbane
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Being gluten and dairy free and in Italy, I decided to search for a restaurant that would offer gluten free pizza. We came across the reviews for this restaurant and found the directions very helpful. We had no trouble finding the place, and the staff were quite pleasant and helpful. My pizza was just the base with tomato sauce, as I could not have cow's cheese, so it was rather bland. My husband had regular lasagne and enjoyed it. I would not rate the quality of the food very high, and I feel that it was just a little frustration that led me to want to eat pizza base with tomato sauce rather than a meal of protein and veggies, however if gluten free pizza is what you want, that's what they serve!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Finding any specific restaurant in Venice is challenging but we finally found it. Our first clue to the poor food quality was that there were no other customers there. I ordered gluten free pizza and my husband ordered regular pasta. We are not fussy eaters...in fact this is the first bad review I have ever written. We were both disappointed In the food. After eating, I asked about the gluten free market that I had read about on this site. They did not speak English and misunderstood my question. They brought out an empty frozen pizza box! We paid 11 euros for a frozen pizza that was not very good at all. Skip this restaurant and go somewhere else as many restaurants do offer fresh gluten free food.

1  Thank tlcinvest1
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We walked by this place around lunch time, and I saw in the window that they had a gluten-free menu. It is a tiny cafe with only a few tables. My husband and I ordered a gluten-free pizza to share. The waiter seemed annoyed at us for only ordering 1 pizza. Just remember to ask for a menu ‘senza glutine’. The base was a little overcooked, and reminded me of a filo pastry. But it was nice, and I had some mozzarella and salami toppings.