“Fantastic tour!”

Ranked #1 of 39 Food & Drink in Venice
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Small group tours to discover the insights of Venice! From Food & Wines tours like our classic "Cicchetti & Wine tour" to Aperitivo by boat watching the sunset passing by walking tours of the local neighborhoods or half-day trips to Treviso City and its Prosecco Wineries. We can organize your experience in a share or private tour mode. Tours in English, other languages on request too! Join us!
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We took the Cicchetti tour of Venice on a rainy evening in March with Cecilia as our guide. We had a wonderful time, as did our teenage children even though they weren't drinking the wine! This tour is a great way to get to know a less touristy area of Venice and some of the incredibly good wine bars in the neighborhood. While most of the food is fish, they were accommodating to my husband who is allergies to fish. Cecilia was an incredible tour guide who offered all of us many tips on traveling in Venice. This is a great tour to do your first night in Venice as you'll want to go back and revisit some of the places again!

2  Thank TravelBecky
Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Cecilia was a great host and my husband and I are so happy we did this on our first day in Venice. All her recommendations were spot on! I felt like I knew so much about Venetian cuisine now and I enjoyed Venezia so much more even when it snowed in March! Grazie Cecilia!!!

2  Thank DionneKaye
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had been looking for something to do which was different from the usual tourist fare and we booked this tour on account of the favourable reviews we had read. Well this review is going to be no different. A fantastic, enjoyable, intimate, entertaining, informative and culinary delight of an evening. Cecilia is the perfect host. She should be paid handsomely by the Venice Tourist Board as her passion for the city in which she lives is inspiring and Urban Adventures should be very proud of having her as their representative. If you want an insight into Venice, it's people and it's food that you will find hard to get anywhere else, then book yourself on this tour. Thank you again for one the main highlights of our visit.

1  Thank scotsboy1967
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am so glad that we booked the Venice Urban Adventures tour on our first visit to the city. Cecilia is an absolutely amazing tour guide, we could not recommend her enough. During the tour Cecilia introduced us to a selection of delicious wines and cicchetti in locations we would never have discovered if we had not done the tour. The places which Cecilia focused on were within a stone's throw of major tourist destinations (i.e. Strada Nuovo and Rialto bridge) but once you entered these places you were made to feel like you were in an undisconvered gem in the middle of the Italian countryside.
Cecilia's passion for Venice, its reputation, its food and drink and its well-being really comes through and she single-handedly changed my opinion of the city; after the tour I decided that I would like to come back to the city and explore the city in more depth whilst staying in one of the quieter neighbourhoods of the city.
The tour itself lasted around 3 hours, only about 15 mins of the tour was spent walkiing whilst the rest was spent inside gorgeous osterias, restaurants or ciccheti places. Cecilia's exuberance, knowledge and charm made the 3 hours whizz by and after the copious amounts of delicious wine and food we came away from the tour feeling like we owed her much more than what we had paid for the tour and given her in tips.

To top this off Cecilia found out on the day that we were visiting Venice to celebrate my mother's 60th birthday and she was evidently watching my mother's reactions to all the wines she tried. Just before the tour ended Cecilia presented my mother with a bottle of the wine that she had enjoyed the most during the tour which Cecelia had paid for out of her own pocket. My mother and all of us were so touched by this gesture.

If you only have time to fit one thing into your inventory in Venice I implore you to do this. I think those people that gave this 4* may be a bit crazy; i would give this a 6th star if I could.

Thank you Cecilia!

1  Thank christophe13
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went on the urban adventure evening with Cecilia on the 26/02/2013, it was a fantastic night, she is that enthusiastic it can't help but rub off on you, the tips she gives you about Venice is unbelievable,what to look for, where to go, the best food we can't thank her enough the only thing wrong was that we wished we'd done the trip on our first night there!

She explained about the wine, the buildings, the food nothing was to much trouble for her, she classed as home work when you gave her a map, and after asking what your interests are marked on the map places that you should visit and the best place to eat in that area when you where there.
she was bubbly, enthusiastic,and a fantastic guide, we can not rate her highly enough, when we go back to Venice will with out doubt try to book another tour with her.

Many thanks Cecilla.