“Venice Cicchetti (Think Tapas Crawl) Tour”

Venice Urban Adventures
Ranked #1 of 38 Food & Drink in Venice
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Small group tours to discover the insights of Venice! From Food & Wines tours like our classic "Cicchetti & Wine tour" to Aperitivo by boat watching the sunset passing by walking tours of the local neighborhoods or half-day trips to Treviso City and its Prosecco Wineries. We can organize your experience in a share or private tour mode. Tours in English, other languages on request too! Join us!
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Cecilia's Venice Cicchetti tour is a great way to experience Venice with the locals and enjoy tasty and filling small plates and regional wines. Ideally, this tour should be taken as early as possible in your Venice stay in order to experience eateries that you will want to revisit because of ambience, food and value. Cecelia is a congenial hostess, full of insights into life in the real Venice and helpful tips on what to see off the beaten tourist path and when. Groups are small (ours was eight), so there is much good interaction. Do not miss the meatballs at The Widow -- Alla Vedova -- near Ca'D'Oro, possibly the best in all of Venice ... if not all of Italy.

2  Thank Anthony D

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Based on TA reviews (and, of course, our love of food and wine!) we booked Cecilia's tour and LOVED it!!! Cecilia really enjoys sharing her love of Venice; she is passionate about and proud of "her city"! We walked, chatted, ate, drank and got to know the Venice that most tourists miss, simply because they didn't have a wonderful personal guide, like Cecilia, to show them around.

During our visits to 4 great little Cicchetti Bars we sipped great wines, nibbled delicious finger foods and explored Venice's hidden backstreets. Thank you, Cecilia, for sharing "your" Venice with us. Your enthusiasm, passion, kindness, humour and sincerity encouraged us to take a chance, wander off the beaten path and "get lost" in Venice. Mille Grazie!!

P.S. If you want to know where to get the tastiest meatballs and most delicious gelato - book this tour! You won't regret it!!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This evening tour was definitely the perfect way to learn about the real Venice. Cecelia is the perfect hostess to introduce you to her home city and share her insights into this amazing place. It was fun to meet other like minded travelers and enjoy local food and wine. Only disappointment was we missed the gondola ride as it was Sunday and it finishes early. No matter, we were given advice on how to do it ourselves anyway. This was an excellent tour and a "must do".

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I wanted to get the Lagoon tour for my boyfriends birthday. Unfortunately I accidentally bought the Ciccheti Tour at first. I had to cancel and book the correct tour. They were awesome about refunding my money and booking me on the correct tour. Their customer service is wonderful!
Now on to the tour. We were running late since we had gotten lost at first. (Hey its Venice, getting lost is mandatory) We finally asked a waiter for directions, he was so nice he called the tour guide for us and said they were waiting for us. So we booked it to the correct place where they had waited on us for over 15+ minutes. I felt so bad but the tour guide just smiled and we were off. The actual tour, in a word, perfect. It was relaxed, informative, and beautiful. The monastery was my favorite thing we did while in Italy. I saw countless basilicas, the Vatican, Doges Palace....my favorite place we toured was that monastery. It was so simple and peaceful. I get teary eyed just thinking about it. It was such a moving place. When one of the monks found out my boyfriend spoke Spanish and understood a little Italian he chatted to us about the monastery and how it began. He was very sweet. We then loaded back up on the boat for the return trip and had a little glass of very delicious wine. Our tour guide was very proud of his city and you could tell he liked to share what makes this island so special. There were only 6 of us in the group which made it an intimate tour rather than following one guide around like a heard of sheep. Cant recommend this tour enough. My only regret was that the evening Ciccheti tour was booked. I am sure it would have been just as brilliant.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We took part in Cecilia's tour on our first day in Venice and it made our holiday. It was great to find places to eat that we'd never have spotted otherwise. Cecelia is so enthusiastic and knowledgeable and is clearly passionate about Venice.

She gave us some wonderful recommendations for the rest of our stay and we will now keep these for our next visit. Thank you so much!