“Excellent and fantastic food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 153 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Local Food & Wine Tour in Venice/ Off-The-Beaten track tour itineraries on request / Yoga, Beach & Brunch Summer Tours.
Burghausen
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Excellent and fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

When being in Paris I heard from our tour guide there that Urban Adventures are operating in Venice also. So I had a look and booked myself on the "Cicchetti Tour of Venice" when I was there. I had a fantastic experience with a very knowledgeable local guide - she was good-looking, too! Apart from that we went into a number of different little bars and restaurnats where we tried the different wines and little snacks (the "Cichetti"). On top we got an introduction into Venice and its hidden gems. I also liked the fact that we were only four people, so we blended into all the locals and did not feel like normal tourists.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank itpchristian

• Hebrew first
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent and highly recommended Ciccetti tour of Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

My friend and I choose to do the Ciccetti tour with Venice Urban Adventures because we wanted to do a tour that would show us a bit of the 'real Venice' . I have previously travelled with Intrepid and have been impressed with their travel ethos and so when I saw that they are linked with urban adventures it sealed the deal. Needless to say the tour did not disappoint!

There were about 6 of us in total on the tour, the other four were on an intrepid trip through Italy. My friend and I were both travelling independently but this wasn't an issue at all, in fact it was good to chat with some other travellers. We visited 5 different places in all sampling different ciccetti and drinking different wines, including prosecco. The food, drink and venues were all excellent!

The tour wasn't just about food and drink. Our guide also walked us through parts of Venice and gave us information about the different places we passed and also enlightened us as to how the average Venetian goes about their daily lives.

Our guide (Cecilia) was excellent she was passionate about showing us that Venetians eat more than pasta and pizza and also about showing that there was more to Venice than the Rialto and St Mark's square. She was also very keen to keep local businesses and crafts going. She gave us tips about which places to eat at and which places to buy local crafts from. At the end of the tour she also gave excellent suggestions of what else we could see in Venice and where to eat.

In all if you want to experience a bit more of Venice and eat some Cicchetti and drink some wine along the wine, I can not recommend this tour enough!

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Twiglet1184
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An excellent introduction to Venetian wine, food, history and culture!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

Through Urban adventures Venice our guide Cecilia gave us an excellent personalised tour of food and drink in the city of Venice. Her knowledge and enthusiasm went beyond just food and drink, we had a real insight into the history and customs of Venice. Our tour was a real investment as we learnt so much and used Cecilia's tips to find excellent food and drink at reasonable prices later in out trip. Use this tour on your first evening in Venice and you will get much more from your visit.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Duncan F
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great food and wine with a plus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

It's a very nicely gastronomy tour combined with a little bit of culture and explanations about the day by day of Venecian locals. I quite enjoyed it, not only becouse of the marvelous food and wine that we were served (that's easy to find that in Italy, I guess), but also becouse we went a little bit further and not just to the most touristic and crowdy spots.
Strongly recomended