“Excellent service”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We searched late in the evening for a good place for dinner. The Ristorante da Sabrina was our choice. Mario, our waiter was kind, courteous, and charming. He made the evening enjoyable and memorable. If in Venice BE SURE to visit this restaurant. Ask for Mario! You won't regret!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

At out first day in venice we decided to eat quite close to our hotel, we saw that this restautant was in the top 50 of venice and had acceptable prices. This was a good decision, the food was really delicious. We had the caprese and the mixed fish as a starter and especially the mixed fish was really superb. The. We had the pasta: both the gnochhi quattro fromagio and the penne tomata and hot peppers were really good. This was quite enough already so we didn't order a secondi, but only ordered a coffee, we tries to order a limontiello after the coffee but this was not allowed as we got this from the house anyway :). The waiter we had was really friendly and talked with us in all the languages he was able to speek and even took the time to learn us italian! The only feedback we good give them is to serve the red wine a bit colder as it was really venince room temprature. But All in all i would certainly recommend this restaurant if you want a affordamble but great night!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Again, and like many of the reviews, we were greeted by Tony (which frankly got me a bit worried!). Nonetheless, we decided to give it a try as we were late and most of the good nearby restaurants needed reservation. My wife wasn't in the mood for wine, so I only asked for a glass of local red wine (which obviously limited my options), but it wasn't as good as other nearby local restaurants despite being more expensive! Seafood pasta and raviolli were OK. Mixed grilled fish platter (min of 2 orders, 23 euros each) was rediculoisly small and not as fresh as you'd ecpect for this price. My little guy could literally eat all of my plate! Not kidding. If you are planning to go there, just get pasta! Not coming back again.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were a party of 12. We made reservations and had no trouble getting our table. The food was all good. However, the service was very poor: not fun, very slow, and -- worst of all -- the waiter simply forgot to inform the kitchen about 4 of our orders. As a result, 4 people in our party were sitting around for nearly 30 minutes following the arrival of the other four people's food. When the missed orders finally did arrive, two of them -- including my wife's order -- were wrong. As a result, my wife decided simply not to eat dinner so as not to hold up the rest of the group. We were very excited for a special meal during our last night in Venice. Unfortunately, the restaurant disappointed.

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to restaurant Sabrina as we saw the tripadvisor sign outside and just decided to go in. The service is extremely slow but the wait staff are friendly enough, just not overly attentive.
The prices are high for the quality. Also they charge a COVER which I realize other restaurants do, but I think this should be listed in the front window as other restaurants in the area do so you can decide whether you want to spend an extra 5 euro for poor food and fair service. I would have chosen not o with so many nice restaurants in the vicinity.