Hotel Rialto
  • Restaurant
Bortolo 2(Venice)
  • Restaurant
2,338 results
All reviewspanoramic terracegrand canalperfect locationjunior suitecanal view roomwater taxihotel roomvenetian stylebreakfast was includedmurano islandmini barvaporetto stopboiled eggshamthe hustle and bustlepastriesour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Just arrived back from a 3 night stay in this hotel.

The location is PERFECT and very central to everything. Before we arrived I thought we'd have to get water taxi's everywhere but if you stay here, you can pretty much walk to everything of interest.

The hotel itself is pleasant, the rooms are clean, the shower was the most powerful shower I've ever had abroad so that was a plus for us.

Breakfast consisted of pastries, rolls, fruit, cheeses, ham and so on. you can pay to have a hot cooked breakfast. The coffee they serve in the morning is lovely, but the strangest thing was that they offer Prosecco for breakfast (which I loved).

I don't have any complaints about this hotel. I wasn't amazed but I already know what to expect for the money I spent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Wow - we paid a small amount extra for a room with a view, and it was worth it (see photo). Room 309 it was. Lovely big room with wooden beams, and an amazing view. The room was lovely, really lovely.

The hotel itself is pretty tired, and needs a spruce up, but it was clean and fine. Breakfast is cramped and basic, but this place is all about the location. There's no bar or lounge, which you should expect in a 4* hotel, but with a room like ours you don't need it.

The staff were brilliantly helpful...however, one word of advice - when offered the 'free' trip to Murano, be aware that its a one way ticket...and you need to pay to get back. We were really disappointed that the hotel didn't tell us that. However, it was an interesting trip nonetheless.

Would I go back? To room 309, you bet. Without the view/room - probably not.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 6, 2013

On arrival we were given our room details, pointed to a staircase and off we went... around and up and down stairs and around and up and down stairs, with large suitcases. Took a while to get to our room and it was SMALL. The location to the Grand Canal is great, but next time I will be looking for somewhere else to stay, nothing outstanding about this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for Canal Views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

There's no denying the location of this hotel is great and we had paid extra to have a view of the Grand Canal. Unfortunately I would not recommend this hotel due to our experience while staying there but more importantly the fact they lied to us as we left! On our first night work men began digging up the pavement outside right next to the Grand Canal at about 10pm. At 2am when the banging, drilling and hammering was still on-going and we had not yet had any sleep, we phoned down to reception who explained there was maintenance work going on by the local principality and they had no control over it but it would probably stop at 5am! We asked if this would be happening again during our stay (as we would ask to move to a room at the back of the hotel) - we were told that after that night there would be no more work until Saturday and as we were leaving on Saturday morning we hoped this would be our only spoiled night. At 5.30am they stopped work and we managed to have three hours sleep. I am genuinely someone who can sleep anywhere so for it to stop me sleeping is unbelievable!

We then had two nights of decent sleep until the Friday night when workmen once again appeared at about 10pm. Sure enough the work began and continued until 5am. Once again we called down to reception and explained how unhappy we were and that whilst we appreciated it was somewhat out of the hotel's hands, we nonetheless had not slept for half our trip and felt we should be compensated in some way, especially as they had assured us it would not happen again during our stay.

The next morning when we checked out, we reiterated this to the man on reception who said there was nothing he could do, we explained we felt this was unacceptable so he brought the manager to speak with us. At first he also said there was nothing he could do, we pointed out that we felt that was unacceptable for a 4 star hotel to not be able to offer anything to unhappy clients. He offered us a free night's stay...not much use when you are from another country. Eventually he offered to refund us the tax we would pay which amounted to 60 euros and told us this would appear on our credit card statement by the following Monday as we had already paid in full for the room. That was over a week ago...we are still waiting for the refund and despite emailing the hotel have had no reply. I think it's pretty terrible that a supposedly 4 star hotel would apparantly lie to shut up dissatisfied customers - to me this is much worse than the inconvenience of not sleeping!

Unfortunately because of this, there are far too many other great hotels in Venice for me to recommend this hotel. If you want a view of the Grand Canal, try the Hotel Marconi on the other bank...or one of the many lovely boutique hotels around St Mark's Square.

I will of course amend this review if we ever get our refund ...but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TravelGirl1801
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here it was a beautiful location very very central we paid extra for a room overlooking the grand canal and we were certainly not disappointed the staff were excellent breakfast was perfectly fine but could have been better overall an excellent place and we will definitely return!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple