“Just perfect”
Review of Hotel Le Isole

Hotel Le Isole
Ranked #14 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel le Isole for 2 nights during our vacation in May 2012. I booked this hotel based on a friend's recommendation, but have also done my research before making the final decision. I am very glad I chose it! Like the previous travellers commented already, Hotel Le Isole has a perfect location, great services, reasonable prices, very clean rooms and friendly helpful staff. I truly enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend it with no reservation! Just perfect!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Isole

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel le Isole for a 3 night city break in May 2012. The plusses are:
- very well located (2 mins walk from St Marks)
- clean
- great service (nice breakfasts)
- free internet
- recently redecorated and therefore well appointed
The only downside for us was that we chose one of the economy rooms and they are very small. Venice is not cheap (they've had 300 years to perfect the taking of money from tourists) but I almost wish I'd paid a little more so that I didn't keep tripping over the table and chair as I moved around the room. But I would have paid the extra in this hotel.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are VERY small.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2012

From our Villa near Siena we decided to take the train on a last minute decision for an over night trip to Venice. The train station literally empties out on a main canal and boats can take you anywhere you want. All the 'big' hotels were booked and I located this great hotel that has great location, prices and friendly service. It's not a cheap hotel, which I try to avoid, but their rates aren't nearly what some of the older more established hotels will charge. They don't have a restaurant but with their rooms they offer a great breakfast that is more than satisfactory. The hotel is relatively new and worth checking out. Readers know I give tough reviews when a hotel doesn't live up to the guide books. But with Trip advisor who needs guide books anymore, right?

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KD2122
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Our room was so cool, had old Venice charm in the decor and was super comfortable. The staff was friendly and happy and welcoming. We had a tiny balcony looking over the street which was so fun. The noise level was a little high from being close to the street but we found it quiet at night and no problem at all, even added to the character of the room. Breakfast was tasty and easy. Location of the hotel is exceptional, close to San Marco's Square but far enough from the chaos!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Wonderful. Excellent room with own balcony. Great location. Great value. Wine v good. Very helpful and friendly staff - gave us excellent recommendations about where to eat. One tip - don't get the river bus from the airport if you want to impress your partner it's cheapish but hot, uncomfortable and very long trip - splash out on a river taxi. more expensive but You will feel like Jackie Onassis when you arrive!

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

It was an absolute dream. Get off at Zaccaria stop from the water taxi, and at that point its pretty easy to find (which is saying a lot for Venice). The small, boutique-feel of the hotel was amazing, the staff bent over backwards to help us with travel advice, restaurant recommendations (and reservations) etc. The room was exquisite... there were 4 in our family so we got a bigger room and had a view / balcony looking down onto the bustling streets of Venice, which was quite fun. The courtyard was a great place to relax after a day of sightseeing. Breakfast was very good...The location was as good as any I can imagine, centrally situated on a mini-canal with Gondoliers floating peacefully by...

Admittedly, it was on the expensive side... but I'd still stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Our room, 204 had a delightful view of the streets and bustle, but not too much noise.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my one night stay here. The staff we all very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The hotel is extremely well situated within a very short distance (50 metres) of St Marks Square, so you are in the very heart of historic Venice. This was very important to us as we had only about 36 hours in Venice so we needed to be within easy walking distance of all the main sights.

My room was perhaps a little compact but was very clean, tidy, cosy and comfortable. My room was also very quiet indeed and I slept very well here. We paid about 180 euro for our room and I felt that for this location in Venice that was pretty good value. The hotel is attractively decorated throughout. Breakfast was very pleasant with a good buffet-style selection of bread, croissants, fruit, breakfast cereals, juice, coffee and so on.

The hotel is quite atmospheric as it is right on a canal and you can get a gondola from the steps of the hotel if you wish. The hotel is also surrounded by restaurants and you will have no problem getting a good meal somewhere close.

When I return to Venice, this hotel will be my top choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends