1,170 results
All reviewsfree mini bargreat locationsoft drinks and beersan zaccaria vaporetto stoplovely courtyardeconomy roomwater taxismall canaleggs and baconst mark's squaresmall hotelfamily roomminute walkexcellent hotelboutique hotelbreakfast servicelovely little hotel
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I LOVED this hotel! It's a quick walk to the San Zaccaria vaporetto stop and it takes less time to walk to San Marco than it takes to walk across the Piazza San Marco. The room was immaculate and looked great - I especially liked the hardwood floor and the indirect lighting on the ceiling. The room was fairly small (though in Venice, everything is packed in tight), but the high ceilings made it feel more spacious. It was very well laid out so it didn't feel cramped at all. Our shower had a 'rain' showerhead and a shower wand with impressively high water pressure. Every staff member we met, from the receptionists to the restaurant hostess, was friendly and eager to help. The breakfast was excellent.

The only drawback was that our room (207) faced a bar that was pretty noisy on a Friday night. Fortunately, it quieted down around midnight. The noise wasn't a problem during the day. I travel with earplugs so it wouldn't have affected my sleep if I had wanted to turn in earlier.

If I get a chance to go back to Venice, I won't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We were lucky enough to book at this new-since-February hotel. Ideally located - 5 minute walk to Piazza San Marco, 1 minute to the vapporetto service/water taxis and maybe 15 minutes to the Rialto Bridge. The rooms are beautiful, clean, new and well appointed (and we skimped and got a first floor room), the service was extremely friendly and the breakfast is great (they offered to cook eggs & bacon). Oh and the shower was amazing! Beautiful tile with great water pressure. It was also very quiet at night which was a nice change from our previous hotel on Via Tornabuoni in Florence. The prices are in line with other hotels in Venice though cheap for such a perfect location.

I would love to stay at this hotel again though I think it will be a much harder booking next time!

Room Tip: I think we probably had one of the worst rooms so I don't think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank NycBrett
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I would definitely return to this hotel. It was just off the Riva, along a little canal, with the vaparetti stops 2 minutes' walk away. St Marks was also very close. I went for the Biennale at the Arsenale and the hotel is perfectly located for that too. The room was very comfortable with a very smart bathroom, with lots of hot water, a great shower, and in the bedroom, a comfortable double bed and lots of wardrobe space. There was even sky tv for those who want tv. There was double glazing so no noise at all from the busy street outside. The aircon worked really well and was not noisy. And breakfast was great - a big selection and proper Italian coffee as well as American style. There is free wifi too. The reception staff and the breakfast staff were lovely and welcoming. I felt that the staff were happy to work there. I got a good rate for this quality though would be happy to pay more.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank London_Travellers_09
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is a relatively new hotel with friendly check in staff, nicely appointed rooms and very clean (you could walk barefoot around the hotel...).
You could take ACTV ferry #41/42/51/52 from the Venice Ferrovia train station and stop at St. Zaccaria. The hotel is within walking distance from the St Zaccaria stop. I would not think that the hotel is well sign-posted but in Venice, a little adventure in finding locations is to be expected. We had a GPS and that was handy.
The hotel is next to St. Marco's square yet away from the hustle bustle of tourists. Gondolas pass the front of the hotel.
The room we had was spacious with cable and good wireless internet connection. We were on the first floor but the room insulation was good.
Breakfast was good and served in the hotel courtyard. A good way to start the day.
For improvement:
The shampoo and conditioner bottles were very difficult to open. Not very funny when you are already in the shower...
Should provide body lotion and shower cap. There are no ramps from the road level into the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fibreace380
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Great small hotel 5 minutes from Piazza San Marco and just opened this year. Great service, great rooms well appointed and clean and spacious. Breakfast is served outside in little courtyard with good choices, eggs are also available upon request.
Little canal in front of hotel door with gondola's going by, and very close to main attractions.
Would most certainly recommend this hotel, and is fairly priced.
Would stay here again.
We were 4 in 1 room and were very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family