Perfect location & great views from the rooftop garden, but the service isn't great & the rooms are in desparate need of an update. The stafff was downright rude at times - their restaurant is generally empty, but when we tried to sit at a table of our choosing, one of the staffmembers said, "No, no, no!! That table is for four people! This one is for two!" all while pointing us to another table that also had four chairs. Why on earth did it make a difference where we sat? Also, we were generally ignored by the receptionists upon entering & leaving the hotel. At the two other hotels we stayed in during our visit to Italy, the staff was always incredibly friendly, so we were disheartened to see such a stark difference here. Overall, I'd say this place would certainly not qualify as a 4-star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Hotel Gabrielli, a Venetian Palazzo from the 14th century is family owned in the 5th generation. Only a few minutes walk from Saint Mark’s square, the Doge’s Palace, the Basilica of St. Mark and the Arsenale offers a fantastic location on the waterfront and excellent views on the laguna. Inhouse restaurant with venetian cuisine and Bar. Don't miss the roof terrace and the regarden to relax from a busy day. Private boat pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Gabrielli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Hotel
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Venice
- Hotel Gabrielli Sandwirth