The Gabrielli is very convenient for the Arsenale vaporetto stop, with a position on the Venice waterfront. It is within easy walking distance of the Doge's Palace and St Mark's Square.
The Hotel is pleasant and comfortable, although slightly tired. It has a charming inner courtyard where breakfast can be taken, and features a rooftop terrace - good for pre-dinner drinks and viewing the Venice hordes from a distance.
We found the staff to be more than helpful. At the front desk they looked after our luggage when we booked in early, and were pleased to help with all of our touristic and travel queries. The restaurant staff were particularly friendly and we enjoyed a good repartee with them during late evening drinks at the bar.
There is free WiFi.
The room was clean and spacious, and air conditioning worked effectively. The shower worked well with plenty of hot water, but a slight gripe in that the bathroom was very dark, and would benefit from improved lighting. Also, in common with manyhotels, there was no shelving in the bathroom to store toiletries.
All in all, recommended for a reasonably priced (by Venice standards) stopover.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Hotel Gabrielli, a Venetian Palazzo from the 14th century is family owned in the 5th generation. Only a few minutes walk from Saint Mark’s square, the Doge’s Palace, the Basilica of St. Mark and the Arsenale offers a fantastic location on the waterfront and excellent views on the laguna. Inhouse restaurant with venetian cuisine and Bar. Don't miss the roof terrace and the regarden to relax from a busy day. Private boat pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, ACCOR, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Gabrielli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Hotel
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Venice
- Hotel Gabrielli Sandwirth