I wound up at Hotel Gabrielle because Hotel Savoia & Jolanda did not honor my pre-paid and confirmed reservation for the first of my three day stay in Venice -- instead they moved me down the waterfront to what was a vastly inferior room (# 513) to what I had paid for at Savoia and Jolanda. The room in Hotel Gabrielle had a beautiful view and nothing else. The cleaning staff routinely dumped bags of dirty linens outside our room (see photo), the plumbing was ancient (see photo), the beds were the most uncomfortable I've ever slept in -- and the pillows had a handful of feathers in each one and nothing else. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was quite nice, but overall the hotel had nothing special to offer other than its view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Hotel Gabrielli, a Venetian Palazzo from the 14th century is family owned in the 5th generation. Only a few minutes walk from Saint Mark’s square, the Doge’s Palace, the Basilica of St. Mark and the Arsenale offers a fantastic location on the waterfront and excellent views on the laguna. Inhouse restaurant with venetian cuisine and Bar. Don't miss the roof terrace and the regarden to relax from a busy day. Private boat pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Gabrielli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Hotel
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Venice
- Hotel Gabrielli Sandwirth