Unfortunately, the hotel has potential but desperately requires renovations asap! For instance, my room had water damage on the ceiling, black mold on the vents, yellow towels that were mismatched, two random dinner napkins placed between my towels, pillows that had stains, a shower door that divided the bathroom from the room, a phone from the 50s and a toilet that was ready to fall out whenever used. As for the rest of the hotel, everything was outdated and the decor looked as if it had seen better days, plus there were cob webs in every corner. I was a little pissed off that this hotel was considered 4 stars and was much pricier than other 4 star hotels in Venice which are much cleaner and are more updated than this hotel.
I also had the unfortunate opportunity to meet the manager of the hotel who happens to be a senial old woman with crazy hair, who attempted to convince me that this gross hotel was a palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Hotel Gabrielli, a Venetian Palazzo from the 14th century is family owned in the 5th generation. Only a few minutes walk from Saint Mark’s square, the Doge’s Palace, the Basilica of St. Mark and the Arsenale offers a fantastic location on the waterfront and excellent views on the laguna. Inhouse restaurant with venetian cuisine and Bar. Don't miss the roof terrace and the regarden to relax from a busy day. Private boat pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Gabrielli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Hotel
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Venice
- Hotel Gabrielli Sandwirth