we stayed here from 28 April -1st May 2011.The hotel is very very old and quite dark.It is very clean throughout ,but very much in need of a facelift.The rooms at the front are spacious and have fantastic views of the lagoon.Breakfast was just ok not much choice and the croissants were stale on one of the mornings and there is no orange juice just pineapple and grapefruit , we also found it strange that there is an outside area at the front but you were not allowed to eat breakfast there.The staff were very helpful and not stern as written in previous reviews.I stayed in another hotel very near to this one last year and i felt it was much better and more modern but if you like history and very old buildings then this is the one for you .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Hotel Gabrielli, a Venetian Palazzo from the 14th century is family owned in the 5th generation. Only a few minutes walk from Saint Mark’s square, the Doge’s Palace, the Basilica of St. Mark and the Arsenale offers a fantastic location on the waterfront and excellent views on the laguna. Inhouse restaurant with venetian cuisine and Bar. Don't miss the roof terrace and the regarden to relax from a busy day. Private boat pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, ACCOR and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Gabrielli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Hotel
- Gabrielli Sandwirth Venice
- Hotel Gabrielli Sandwirth