“Absolutely the best!”

Hotel Londra Palace
Ranked #16 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed October 5, 2006

My husband and I have just returned from a brief stay in Venice where we were fortunate enough to stay at this marvelous facility. The room was absolutely perfect, the bathroom sumptuous, and every possible need anticipated. The concierges, especially Walter and Alvise, were incredibly helpful with directions, recommendations, and reservations for dinner, even assisting my husband to find a pharmacy when one was unexpectedly needed. We would always chose to stay here over other places we visited in Venice. It is within walking distance of everything and a 45 minute vapparetto ride from the train station. The service was extraordinary and discreet, and the room was quiet and beautifully decorated.

Linda Dwyer, Ct. USA

Stayed: September 2006
5  Thank blessedtravelers
Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed September 14, 2006

We spend a five beutiful days at Londra during the Carnevale.
The service,the atmosphere was ecxelent. We can recommend also for their restaurant. a food is delicius and good portions.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank eldar_il
Reviewed September 4, 2006

Hotel Londra is in a perfect location on the water near St Mark's square, however being summer - venice was extremely busy with tourists so we escaped down the lane aways in the opposite direction to st mark's square!

The hotel has a lot of old charm about it. We definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Carly&Shaun
Reviewed August 23, 2006

We stayed at the Londra Palace for two nights to celebrate my birthday and had booked a room with a lagoon view. The room was slightly on the small side, but the view over the lagoon was fantastic. Next time, I'd book a room with a balcony as we spent a lot of time hanging out of the window to take in the view!! The hotel staff were very knowledgable and gave us an excellent recommendation for a restaurant on the night of my birthday -di Forni. They also helped with booking taxis, etc. Breakfast on the hotel terrace was a nice experience and the bar is small but well stocked. The location of the hotel is excellent being just a stone's thrown from San Marco. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank CathS
Reviewed July 30, 2006

We have travelled to Venice many times, and though the Londra was not cheap it proved to be one of best values we've experienced in Venice.

We were a group with diverse needs and the Londra served us perfectly. We travelled with our young children and my elderly mother, and the hotel accommodated all our needs. We arrived very early in the day, yet two of our three rooms were immediately available, providing much needed freshening for all of us.

My mother was given a junior suite with a view of the lagoon. Since she needed to take full advantage of the mid-day break, the balcony and view allowed her to rest while enjoying the bustle of Venice. We had connnecting rooms with our kids; we were in a junior suite on the lagoon and our kids in a connecting room with views over the of a square and roofs of Venice. It felt more like an apartment than a hotel room. When our kids needed a break, they could retire there while we enjoyed our room.

A few quick comments:

- It's in a very convenient (e.g. to S. Marco and Vaporetti) and busy location, but noise was never an issue. The front rooms were like a vault when closed for the evening.

- Breakfast was a broad selection in a lovely location.

- Venetian hotel staff are not the warmest Italians you will meet, but they did more than we asked without question. They were not put our by having kids in the hotel and provided much assistance to my mother.

- Bathrooms, linens, etc. were what you would expect of the highest N American standards.

In short, we expected an extraordinary amount from the hotel and in no way were we disappointed. I can't say, in our earlier visits to Venice, this was the case. I'm sure there may be similar or even cheaper hotels with these things to offer, but I have no complaints spending time at the Londra.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
17  Thank Remydog
Reviewed July 29, 2006

Having earlier on our trip stayed in Florence at a so-called' 5* deluxe hotel and been very disappointed, naturally we were left concerened about our accommodation on arriving in Venice. We need not have worried as the Londra Palace excelled in every respect.

We had a junior suite with balcony (recommended) which was very clean and comfortable.

The breakfast was adequate, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful.

I would heartily recommend the Londra Palace and endorse the earlier comments made by other guests.

Well done the Londra Palace.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank dollart
Reviewed June 14, 2006

Stayed at the Londra Palace in April with my teenage daughter. The location was exceptional and our room overlooked the Grand Canal. Although the room itself was very small the bathroom was spacious and beautiful. That said, I loved the hotel itself. It was very pretty and welcoming. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the lobby and dining area where each morning I woke to a delicious breakfast buffet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2006