“Unbeatable location in Venice”

Hotel Londra Palace
Ranked #14 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed for 5 days for a special 50th birthday treat. We had a suite on the 4th floor with a terrace. I can’t imagine there is a better location in Venice. We had a panoramic view of the Grand Canal a few metres from San Marco.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. I don’t recall staying in any other hotel where they change the beautiful cotton sheets every day, great pillows and fluffy towels too.

The breakfast buffet was a very nice start to each day, we even tried the Prosecco (complimentary) a couple of days.

Room Tip: Ask for a terrace rather than a balcony.
2  Thank John.Trip
Write a ReviewReviews (1,617)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights - the whole place was amazing - on arrival we were made to feel very welcome - the room was amazing with beautiful view. The food was fantastic - really first class - the service was excellent - the staff throughout the hotel were all very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is in a perfect position, just a short walk from St Marks, and the lagoon-facing rooms and suites have some of the best views around. Very friendly and efficient service. we loved our stay here...apart from one small gripe, we had to use room service one evening and the choice was poor and the service totally inflexible - completely out of context with the rest of our great experience.

Room Tip: Must take a lagoon-facing room or suite.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

From my research I notice some of the delux room has private balcony facing the lagoon so I put a request when I booked it two months ago n the hotel quickly confirmed it.

It cost bout 500 euro per night so I have high expectation for this hotel, after 4 nights stay, I think the money is worth it, but there are a few things they can improve in the future

Here is what I love about this hotel

The location of this hotel is perfect, 2 minutes walk from san Marco square, right next to the major water bus stop San Marco zaccaria, almost every water bus stops here so u can get everywhere very easy.

The decor of the hotel n the room is very exquisite, modern n classic, with quality amenities, also this is the only hotel we've stayed this Italy trip that provides hair conditiona- n the other hotels we stayed r all luxury hotels too.

The staff r all very professional n helpful with good knowledge about tourist related questions.

The view of our room is fantastic, I can jut sit here all day.

They put out a nice tea station in the lobby every afternoon, very good tea.

They have a wide range of tv channels, sky tv? With discovery, NG, n Cinemax, unfortunately no hbo or axn, u can switch the language to English, just ask the reception to show you how.

Here r something I wish it was perfect...

Th wifi is very unstable, also u have to log in with user name n password for each device, n it will expire after certain time then request new set of username n password again.

The inside of the closet of the room looks a bit shabby compare to its stunning outerior.

The safe uses a metal key instead of password.

The breakfast quality is good but very limited selection as some of the review described, no eggs or bacon, a lot of pastry selection though, n they r very tasty. N they have procsseco, we made our mimosa sometime.

It's a boutique hotel with only 53 rooms, if u prefer luxury hotel at primary location but more privacy, this is def a good choice. In general, we enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: If u stay at deluxe room, try to ask the ones with balcony facing the lagoon.
1  Thank justjuliet
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Whilst we didn't stay at this hotel, I write a recommendation to anyone who stays in Venice to visit the restaurant and try out the fresh pasta. It is but too die for! Fresh, tasty and truly delicious and not very expensive. Sitting out on the front over looking the sea, Gondolas and cruise ships sailing by in the night is unforgettable.

Service is with a smile, and first class....

It truly added to our Venetian experience....

1  Thank Bessie55
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Londra Palace for 2 nights in September and I could not have been happier with our choice of this hotel.

Before booking I debated at length where to choose. Grand Canal or not? Smaller canal? On one of the islands? Location? Ultimately, I decided that Venice really is about the canals so I went with one on the Grand Canal and again, was so glad I made that choice. In retrospect, I know I would have enjoyed the stay far less if we had been in one of the interior areas.

The hotel is, you guessed it, on the Grand Canal, just beyond the Doge’s Palace and the Piazza/Basilica San Marco. The location was perfect – nice and central and within walking distance to everything (though I must admit that Venice was bigger than I expected so make sure you bring comfy shoes!). It was also a great spot for people watching day and night (not to mention watching the cruise ships come and go morning and evening). Even though there are hordes of people passing back and forth in front of the hotel, we had no real issues with noise at night (the room’s doors were very soundproof and had wood shutters in addition that blocked any other sound and light).

We did splurge and book the Deluxe room as I wanted a view of the canal/basin. We were lucky enough to get one of the Deluxe rooms on the second floor that had a balcony. I highly recommend that you request one if possible. The balcony gave us a great spot to sit and watch the various comings and goings.

I will be honest, notwithstanding the “Deluxe” label, the room was pretty small (one of the smallest we have had in Europe), not my favorite situation as I am admittedly spoiled. But I must say that even given its size, the room we had was one of the favorites I have had in all of Europe. Our room had this interesting high, rounded ceiling which was painted in a blue and gold pattern. It was so pretty to look up at. I felt like I was staying in one of the various palaces we have seen. The room was just very charming. Not sure how to describe it further. The bath was very nice as well with marble throughout.

Aside from the room, we loved the common areas. We spent more than our fair share of time in the bar area – another great place to have a cocktail and watch people (and let your feet recuperate).

Breakfast was also solid with the usual breads, cheeses, meats, etc. They had berry muffins that were to die for! We also had dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed the starters and desserts but we didn’t love our main courses (he had a seafood pasta dish and I had lasagna with asparagus, neither of which was stellar unfortunately). The soufflé dessert was amazing – we had it two nights in a row.

In addition to the great location and room, the staff was also fabulous. Everyone went above and beyond to help. The concierge helped with train tickets before we even arrived. He also booked us a pass at the Basilica San Marco where we reserved a time and bypassed the entire line. They arranged a tour to Murano and directed us to the best spot for a gondola tour. The restaurant and bar staff was equally accommodating. No request was too much. The staff is awesome so let them help you!

In short, it was an amazing trip to Venice and an amazing stay at the Londra Palace. I highly recommend it and will definitely stay here again if we return. Maybe I’ll go for a suite next time just to see if it gets even better!

Room Tip: If you are booking a canal view room, ask for one with a balcony if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SarahInSoCal
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Venice is our 2nd stop of a 2 week trip. First was Rome (Hotel Hassler)
Gary and I really enjoy our stay t Londra Palace. Fabiana is great on resveration. The hotel sent you a survey for review. Great effort.
Location: Perfect. St Marks Square is 5 min walk. Water Taxi statation is right in front of the hotel. Water bus station is right in fron of the hotel.
Room: I submitted my personal perference in advance and I got everything I wanted. Room 508. Yes. I had no balcony but I was on the top floor in a spacious room. Great shower. Lot of room to put away our clothes, our luggages, our stuffs. Sit around in the sofa while amazed by the open view of the grand canal. Room is clean. Decor is terrific. Bed is comfy. Color theme is soothing. Hotel is quiet. AC works perfectly.
Service: attentive. solid. Note that staffs at 5 stars hotels are not the chatty ones. They are the pro and serious about the business.They are well trained, courteous and friendly. I found it is the same at Londra Palace and thats what I expected. They leave you alone except you have request. Its because we are on vacation so leave me alone.
Breakfast is not bad except Hotel Hassler do have a better somked salmon. Pastry is very delicious.
Our schedule is tight so we did not spend much time at the hotel bar or lobby. We will next time.
In sum, I have no complaint so far.

I will highly recommend this hotel to visitors. What a beautiful and well run hotel. Gary and I had a great time.

Room Tip: room 508 if you dont need balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple