“Overall good hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #213 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Birmingham, Alabama
“Overall good hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is overall good. We stayed for 3 nights and slept good each night. The air conditioner worked, and everything was clean. Yes the hotel looks old and has 'old' decor, but everything in Venice is old! It has the old Venetian charm and adds character.

The hotel is a few minutes' walk from San Marco square and there are many restaurants and shopping within reasonable walking distance - get away from San Marco for good food!

The hotel amenities clearly stated they offered FREE WIFI online, however, the only option I saw in the room was 10 euro/hour. I may have overlooked the free wifi. That is my only 'complaint.' (If the Wifi was indeed free and I overlooked this, then it is my mistake)

The breakfast is 6 euro/person and was worth it, in my opinion, compared to the cost of food in the area and the lack of breakfast options around.

If you want to stay near San Marco square, then I recommend this hotel. It's about a 5 minute walk from the Water Taxi pick up and there aren't too many stairs to go up/down.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here in April 2011 and was what we needed basically. The room was comfortable and our room had a bathroom that was relatively well kept. I have travelled throughout Italy and so my expectations were met in terms of affordability.The staff were helpful and it was a hassle-free stay.Thank you to the staff and management for an affordable option in a fantastic location!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I took this room in a hurry! Wrong move! We should of researched a bit more before we booked. It is run down, and it seems to have two parts to the hotel. The part we were given is the very old part with old tired furniture, terrible shower which has no pressure. Worn out carpets, AIRCON doesn't work and will never get fixed as I asked the reception twice now and have all turned a blind eye to it. Wi Fi in room work intermittently. Basically you pay ridiculous amount to stay here and wish we stayed a lil bit further from the square and got better value for money. Staff know about all these problems and will do nothing to fix any of them. Instead they tell you to write to management to sort it out!!! Don't waste you hard earned money staying here, you will be disappointed by the quality and service received.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel is centrally located next to the Piazza. We arrived two hours before check-in and they did everything they could to clean the room and get it ready for us. The Wi-Fi was free. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was only OK. They had a closet for us to store our luggage when we checked out of the hotel so we could walk around the city before we had to catch our train.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We are displeased with this hotel. The beds feel like you are sleeping on box springs, the shower head is positioned so it shoots out of the shower and gets water all over the floor, the insulation in the hotel is do thin you can hear everything/everyone above, below you. The decor is old and worn down. The service is terrible. We asked the front desk for directions to a market and they we rude and wouldn't give us an answer. They act like you are an inconvenience. I would not waste money staying here.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ashley D
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Not a hotel that I would recommend at all. You are paying for the location and nothing else. I would rather be in a less central location and stay somewhere with standards. There were problems with smelly bathrooms, bins unemptied - used soap in the bathroom on arrival! I travelled with friends and would find them waiting for me in the lobby, long before our arranged meeting time. The musty smell in their rooms and smelly drains made it impossible to stay in their rooms. I itch when I think about the place now....

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

i stayed here for 6 nights in August and had to change my room 4 times
1st room too small and nowhere to put your suitcases No table and no lights inside shower
2nd room shower was leaking into bathroom area and the man took LITTLE effort in unblocking it with a TOILET PLUNGER !BUT THE LEAK WASNOT the drain.It was the seal around the shower base.I had to show him the leak!!!!!
3rd room: toilet blocked and the man used a MOP to unblock the toilet,water was everywhere and I demanded them to disinfect the bahrom floor.They refused and only chnaged my room after I threatened to call Best Western Customer Service!
4th room was the last night before we left the hotel...thank God!
man at reception was rude.In fact all of them were rude and unhelpful.They gave me wrong advise how to get to Treviso airport!
There was no hot water for 2 days! I was told to wait 30 mins ....and still there was no hot water.
Do not stay here ,city tax is high,location is good but not worth it.Stay somewhere else where you get better service,better rooms with hot water and nicer people.( It is hard find nice people in Venice!!!!! )

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family