3 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Priceline
$136
1,892 results
All reviews st marks square great location san marco square clock tower free trip to murano stay there again murano glass factory water bus visiting venice breakfast was excellent the air conditioning pastries few minutes walk central location alley calle rialto
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a typical venetian hotel with nice furniture and decorations. Standard rooms are quite small but they are clean and well presented.
Staff is nice and the breakfast is very good with a very wide offer!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Stefano M, Direttore at Hotel Montecarlo, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2016

Dear Guest
thank you for taking time to leave your review.
Best regards

Reviewed September 5, 2016

What a great little gem nestled in the heart of San Marco area. Getting to and from the hotel is easy by Water taxi or bus. You are centrally located to St Marks Square and Rialto Bridge. Plenty of places to shop and restaurants close by. Breakfast served with a good variety and should offer something for everyone. Beverages ranged from champagne to juices with a coffee machine that provided a variety of ways to drink your coffee. I was surprised how good the machine coffee was. We had an early arrival and contacted the hotel and they said we could check in early. Now that's service. All staff very helpful and very friendly. Fabrizio at the front desk was very helpful with details about the area and directions. We stayed on the first floor with no view but very easy access to get in and out of the hotel. We were more interested in the view in outside Venice. Already planning our next trip.

Dear Guest
thank you very much for your kind comment. We hope to have you here with us soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2016

My partner and I hadn't been to Venice before so this was a great location to get around as so central. Very good value and great service. The room was very small and against the wall on one side but for the amount we paid was worth it.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
thank you for choosing our hotel and for leaving your comment.
Best regards

Reviewed September 2, 2016

My wife has visited Venice nine times, me six. Four of her visits have been day visits and one of mine. The other 5 times we have stayed in Venice, once on a package at another hotel and 4 times here. I did e-mail the hotel prior to our visit, to request any form of upgrade due to our commitment to the hotel and that it was a special occasion. On arrival we were allocated room 306, right at the end of the corridor. A nice quiet, but not huge room, but most are not in this very old building, although I must say this room was not quite as nice as the one we had last year (see my review of August 2015). The room was comfortable, there were a couple issues, peeling wallpaper and the shower screen was a little discoloured at the bottom, but this did not detract from our enjoyment of this hotel. There is a safe, free and no deposit, but you need to ask for the key. The bed was very comfortable, but I was not certain if it was two singles pushed together or just two single mattresses on a double base. Did not cause any problems, we both slept soundly. Room has air-con, but can be difficult to work out how to set. I think one night we had it on timed and it turned off. The thing that makes this for me is the staff, in particular the reception staff. Always helpful, people you can have a laugh with, especially the 50% venetian, did not ask what the other 50% was.
The fact is you are so close to St Marks and can head out to the Rialto from the hotel and are surrounded by eateries, bars and ice cream shops that you will be well catered for.
Breakfast is a good selection of ham, cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, breads, cakes, so something for every taste. Some may moan about the machine produced coffee, but you can order some freshly prepared hot drinks, but sorry I only observed this and did not order so I cannot confirm for definite what they make. There is also some fizz and strawberries on offer at breakfast, great for a mimosa.
This is not the best hotel in Venice by far, but you do pay for those grand canal views (see my review Palazzo Pisani - August 2015). All in all I would have preferred an upgrade, but if you don't ask you don't get, and if you do ask and don't get, in my opinion you will not be disappointed. One thing my American cousins should note is that the rooms are no way like those in Vegas and even some of the hotel chains across the States, you have to remember this is an old building, not originally designed to be an hotel (I apologise if that is stating the obvious!!). Yes they could have made all the bedrooms bigger and cut down on the number, but the price would rocket. It's great location and superb staff make this a hotel I would strongly recommend to visitors. I will definitely revisit, unless I am pushing to boat out for the Gritti Palace, Danieli or the Bauer.

Room tip: 306 was a quiet room, but lacked any real view, but see photo.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest
we sincerely thank you for your review. We hope you will choose us again for your next visit. Best regards

Reviewed September 2, 2016

This was my 9th visit to Venice and my 4th stay at the Monte Carlo.
I love the proximity to St Marks Square as well as the friendly staff (some are still there after 12 years)
Rooms are decorated in a Venetian style which some visitors may find old fashioned, but you're in Venice, you shouldn't be hanging around in your room. All rooms have a safe ( despite the American woman complainingto reception that her room didn't have one. Open your eyes dear, they're built into he wall!) Bathrooms are clean and this time we had a bath as well as a shower, great for soaking feet after all that walking.
On this occasion our room wasn't as good as some of the others we have stayed in at the hotel, despite my husband emailing ahead o point out this was our 4th stay....room was a little on the small side. One slight niggle is that it was difficult to plug in chargers, hair straighteners etc because once they were plugged into an adapterother appliances had to be unplugged. For example to plug in straighteners near the mirror I would have had to unplug the clock/ iPad docking station which would then have needed to be reset everytime. I ended up unplugging the fridge and TV. One of my pet hates in hotels round the world is when there isn't a mirror close to a useable plug socket.
Breakfast at the hotel is good with a gaiety of choices although we did have to listen to an elderly American grumbling about there being no bagels.....erm this is Italy not Kansas!
When we return to Venice ( hopefully in the not too distant future, we will definitely stay here again.

Visitors from certain countries should note the following-
Theres no swimming pool
Not much of a view
No valet parking !!!
And no bagels. :-)

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank merlymoo

Dear Guest
thank you for coming and staying with us again. We hope your nex visit will happen soon. Best regards