Hotel Montecarlo
  • Bar/Lounge
The Majestic(Venice)
Hotel Dona Palace(Venice)
1,478 results
All reviewsst marks squaregreat locationsan marco squareclock towerbest western hotelfree tourrialto bridgethe hotel staffglass factorywater busan excellent hotelside streetdoge's palacebreakfast was excellentvenetian styleshort walkrooms are small
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed here two nights on a short winter break to Venice and didn't really know what to expect. We chose it because it was centrally located and appeared good VFM. As it turned out it was very friendly, the room was fine and once we turned the heating off it was the right temperature! It would have been nice if there had been a kettle in the room to make a cuppa. Breakfast was busy downstairs but the choice of food was good. The front desk was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Our room was over the street and so noise travelled upwards especially if the window is open. Maybe ask for a room on the other side?
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeremyKnott
Stefano M, Direttore at Hotel Montecarlo, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Sirs,

nice to hear your stay with us was great.
Hoping to see you soon back in Venice, pls accept Sir our best regards.

Stefano Magrini.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I chose this hotel purely because of the location (right behind San Marco) and the price, so I wasn't expecting much. However, I was pleasantly suprised to find it was a clean, beautifully decorated hotel with friendly staff and a plentiful buffet breakfast.

You can spend a fortune in Venice on some grand ex-palazzo hotel, but this really was a wonderful budget hotel - don't be put off that it's a chain!

(4/5 because of the dodgy water pressure in my shower and the cleaner's tendency to ramp up the heating in the rooms!)

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the hotel, and because the rooms can get quite hot and stuffy, I had the window open at night - you can hear the bells from San Marco, which didn't bother me, but if you're a light sleeper you might want to ask for a room at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Stefano M, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Montecarlo, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

DearSirs,

We thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel and the services offered. We are happy that our hotel exceeded your expectations. Hoping to see you soon in venice, we send you our best regards.

Massimo

Reviewed February 8, 2014

My stay in this hotel was made very enjoyable by the excellent service from the hotel staff. They were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I could ask for a coffee at any time of day, and they would advise on how to find local attractions. I was always greeted with a smile at reception. The location is spot on as well, just a two minute walk to Piazza San Marco. The room was nicely decorated in a period style. The breakfast was nice, which a choice of hot and cold food, and good coffee, served in a very comfortable dining area. Overall a highly enjoyable experience and I would definitely return to this hotel and thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Deavaggio
Stefano M, Direttore at Hotel Montecarlo, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear sir,
tks a lot for the nice review.
It gives us great pleasure to know that our hotel exceeded your expectations.
Best regards.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel is very close to San Marco (50 meters by walking), super location. Very good atmosphere, super friendly staff, good and clean rooms. I will definetly stay again and I will recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Room 405 is super.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank NusretAksoy

Dear sir,
let's start thanking you for the nice review.
I will pass the message to all our staff.
Hoping to see you soon in Venice, accept our best regards.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

it is all good with this hotel; location, services and staff. We had forgotten our passports in the previous city and needed a local to sort things out. Staff did it right a way after we said;" Bon Journo." Hotel is lcated close, but not too close to things and is easy to get to. Breakfast was ample and the room pretty and comfortable. Thanks

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Michael H
Stefano M, Direttore at Hotel Montecarlo, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Sirs,

pls let me thank-you for yours words of appreciation concerning our hotel.
I hope to see you soon in Venice once again.

Best regards.