“Great experience”

Ranked #85 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Indianapolis
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Never met a friendlier bunch at the front desk; helpful throughout the stay and had a great sense of humor; hotel is just 1-2 minutes from St. Mark Square; you can see and hear the bell towers from your room; Room was one one of the more spacious I have seen in my times in Italy; breakfast was good; not great but very solid; take water bus to Rialto bridge and it is a 5 minute walk to the hotel; saves you taking the water bus all the way around to St. Mark Square; did offer a free boat trip to Murano glass factory; was fun but was quasi high pressured sales pitch to buy something from Murano; we did not and the folks there at the factory were not happy

Will not look elsewhere when we return; will book here for sure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank RHSRebel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Close to main sights being some 2 minutes from Piazza San Marco. Hotel was in typical tourist Venetian style - plenty of ornate furniture and glass chandeliers - and the staff were very friendly. For instance, we wanted another pillow and it arrived 3 minutes later. The room was very clean - as was the bathroom. Possibly a little cramped (as are most places in Venice) but who stays in their room (other than to sleep) when in Venice ! Breakfast buffet style and good choice of items. We paid GBP 88 a night (via the EasyJet site) which I consider fair value for money. I've paid a lot more for less in the past in Venice. I would be happy to recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: We were at the top on the 4th floor at the front - a bit of noise from the street when window open b...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hauxton
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Took just ten minutes to walk there from the waterbus stop in San Marco. Quiet even though it was La Carnevale. Room cleaned every day with fresh bed linen and towels plus beds were turned down at night. The staff remembered you every time you returned - not once did I have to ask for my key- they knew me. All the staff courteous and nothing was too much trouble. Room could have been a wee bit bigger but you're in Venice and everywhere is small. However we had an amazing balcony with enormous windows and shutters. Easy to get to sights. So convenient and I started the day with a good breakfast. I would definitely return

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank 451Chrissy60
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I spent 4 days in the Montecarlo Best Western hotel in Venice. The hotel has just an excellent location – it is situated very close to the San Marco square and Basilica. It is also within a short walking distance (ca. 5 minutes) from the Rialto Bridge. Rooms are quite small but very pleasant & cozy with stylish and nice furniture – I liked our room very much. We had our room on the 2nd floor but I would recommend for everyone to take a room on the 4 th (or at least 3 rd floor) to have a nice view. The building opposite to the hotel is 2 floors high, so I think that in case of having a nice view the 4 th and 3 rd floors are just the best option. The best view ever is from the room no 410 (that room has one big bed and not two single beds).
Breakfast is served as open-BF and we found it really good.
We were also offered a complimentary tour to Murano glass factory and it was a very nice tour – I am very happy we took it.
The staff in the hotel was also very nice and helpful.
However the real low point (weak point) was internet wi-fi connection. It worked so badly that sometimes I was simply not able to connect with any web side or call via Skype etc. I believe that the hotel should really improve it, as I found the same complain from other people staying in that hotel.

Room Tip: I think that in case of having a nice view the 4 th and 3 rd floors are just the best option. The be...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Darshwana
Lincoln, California
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in May 2011. Very nice hotel, spacious rooms on canal. Staff very helpful and courteous. Hotel is a few minutes from Piazza San Marco and close to many excellent rrestaurants. My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Hotel Montecarlo and will return in the fututre.

Room Tip: get room in back overlooking canal
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank William M
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2012

3 minutes walk to San Marco piazza, very polite and helpfull staff,good value,close to restaurants and shops,would definitely recommend, i would return there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank grosminet42
Slovakia
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Very nice hotel, romantic furniture in rooms, 1 minute walk from the main square where we went for carneval, good breakfast, but when we woke late they did not add all the missing food. We were satisfied as we were so close to san marco and the romantic atmosphere inside room was also great, just bathroom was a little old and therefore did not look perfectly clean.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple