This is an excellent hotel with very helpful staff. Definitely recommend. Perfect position, very convenient if you want to pop back or your sense of direction is not very good as it is easy to find. You don't have to walk through the alleyway to get to it as previously mentioned. The hotel is on the main walk through from St. Mark's square to the Rialto Bridge, and yes probably easiest first time from the Square. You walk under the clock tower to the end, turn right, almost immediately on your left is an alleyway - don't go down there. A couple of metres further along turn left. A Cartier jewellers will then be on your right. Walk to the end and the very last door on your left is the hotel reception. Easy. If you want to go onto the Rialto Bridge, just continue up the steps, turn right, then left over the canal. It is then sign posted, but you have a couple of options either carry straight on or turn right again to a little square with snack bars, a few stalls and the Disney shop! Then left and continue straight onto the Bridge.
We did arrive by water taxi to the hotels landing stage which was great, and as it was our first time in Venice we thought it would be a lovely treat. And it was, although it is expensive you don't have the problem then of finding your hotel with cases.
But beware, we were doing a tour of the Grand Canal and popped into a snack bar near the station and paid a 6 euro bill with a 20 euro note. The lady assistant spoke to us in English but she only gave us change of 10 euros. When we queried it she suddenly could not speak English and denied we gave her a 20 note! I know this is a classic scam but did not expect it here, and the position of the snack bar close to the station I bet she catches many new arrivals out. So take care, and try and use as near the correct money as you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Splendid Venice hotel is based in the historic centre of Venice, with the city's must-see sights and hidden treasures all within your reach. Just a short stroll or gondola ride will take you to Venice's most iconic sights: San Marco square and the Rialto Bridge. Like the city itself, our 165 rooms and suites are a mixture of styles, but all capture the essence of a romantic Venice holiday. Blending contemporary comforts with details that reflect classic Venetian character, each room has a light, elegant atmosphere, with many offering wonderful views over canals and the Venice skyline with its magnificent San Marco's bell tower in the horizon. Le Maschere at the Splendid Venice is one of the few restaurants near San Marco Square that is popular with Venetians and tourists alike. This authentic Venetian restaurant serves classic dishes with a modern twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Starhotels Splendid Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Splendid Venice Hotel Venice
- Starhotels Splendid Hotel Venice
- Venice Starhotels Splendid Hotel
- Starhotel Splendid Venice