Very central - 7 minutes walk to Rialto Bridge and 5 minutes walk to San Marco Square. The hotel has its own water taxi dock, hence it's very convenient if you arrive or depart by taxi. As the hotel is located in the centre of action, there is no shortage of shops surrounding the hotel.
The rooms are decorated in contemporary style and comfortable, albeit small (which is pretty much the same for all Venetian hotels). The rooms have been renovated with updated fixtures, such as flat screen TV, tea/coffee maker, safe, and even a small LCD TV in the bathroom (although we could never get it to work!). The window looks out to a small canal where you can see the gliding gondolas. While the window is not doble glaze, once it's closed it actually blocks out the street noise. The marble bathroom has all the amenities including a hair dryer.
The staff in general displayed an indifferent attitude toward guests. They were not particularly warm but were not rude either. When asked directions, they immediately provided a map and clearly explained the best routes to get to our destination. We had some trouble with the private airport transfer service, and the front desk staff was kind enough to make a phone call for us to confirm our booking, but did not offer any further assistance when our taxi failed to arrive on time. As we left very early in the morning and had to miss the buffet breakfast (which was included in our room rate), the hotel prepared two breakfast packs for us. There was little to fancy inside the pack, however, with only two cold bread rolls, one scone, some small jars of jam, one apple, and one bottle of juice.
**Hotel as a whole**
The hotel's public area, including a small library, restaurant with glass roof, bar, and TV lounge, exudes a cosy atmosphere. It was decorated with velvet drapes, plush cushions, and soft lighting. Actually, the public area is so beautiful that it is a more comfortable and atmospheric place to linger than the bedroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Splendid Venice hotel is based in the historic centre of Venice, with the city's must-see sights and hidden treasures all within your reach. Just a short stroll or gondola ride will take you to Venice's most iconic sights: San Marco square and the Rialto Bridge. Like the city itself, our 165 rooms and suites are a mixture of styles, but all capture the essence of a romantic Venice holiday. Blending contemporary comforts with details that reflect classic Venetian character, each room has a light, elegant atmosphere, with many offering wonderful views over canals and the Venice skyline with its magnificent San Marco's bell tower in the horizon. Le Maschere at the Splendid Venice is one of the few restaurants near San Marco Square that is popular with Venetians and tourists alike. This authentic Venetian restaurant serves classic dishes with a modern twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Starhotels Splendid Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Splendid Venice Hotel Venice
- Starhotels Splendid Hotel Venice
- Venice Starhotels Splendid Hotel
- Starhotel Splendid Venice