The Westin Hotel Europa & Regina, as far as large commercial hotel experiences go, is not that unpleasant, although with so many guests thanks to it's connection with the Starwood Hotels & Resorts group, it suffers from never quite being able to deliver an amazing experience.
1. Hard working and polite staff - which is hard considering their international guests expect a "global hospitality" service. They are competent and able to deliver on reasonable requests.
2. They're willing and able to upgrade Starwood members to nicer rooms - friendliness goes a long way.
3. The rooms, at least the three I was in, were decent sized, mostly clean and above average for Venice.
4. Location is either good or bad depending on your belief that San Marco is the only thing worth seeing in Venice.
5. Very accommodating kitchen - we spoke with the restaurant manager and asked for a special dinner for my very pregnant wife and they very much delivered.
1. Very overpriced food and drinks - even by Venice standards. Quality is above average but this is what I would consider gouging.
2. Room cleaning and maintenance were below average, even by commercial hotel standards in Venice.
3. Too many giant tour groups and "I think I'm privileged" guests on expense accounts to make it a special property - instead of a "could be a fancy hotel anywhere from the inside" experience.
4. Poor signage when arriving on foot - although this is certainly not uncommon for Venice - would not hurt them to put up a few signs. I happen to know Venice very well but most people will have a hard time finding it.
5. Even though the trend is to charge people a lot of money for wifi, Westin/Starwood could set the standard and reverse this most disturbing effort by offering free internet to all guests.
Overall, a good, if mostly average experience if you're staying on your Starwood points. The location and services make Venice easier and the view of the Punta Della Dogana and Santa Maria della Salute are wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly positioned on the Grand Canal with sweeping views of the city's most iconic landmarks, The Westin Europa and Regina places guests right in the heart of the city's artistic and theatre districts, in a discreet setting just off the fashionable Calle XXII Marzo and steps from Piazza San Marco. Our unmatched selection of rooftop terrace suites, Grand Canal rooms, restyled accommodations, and Grand Canal-side venues with nutrition-rich proposals are settings of relaxed indulgence where guests can be at their best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hotel Europa And Regina, Venice
- Westin Venice
- Westin Hotel Europa Regina Venice
- Venice Westin