The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice
$180
$524
$508
  • Room Service
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$391
$174
$809
Londra Palace
2,628 results
All reviewsstarwood pointsgrand canalheavenly bedwater taxipartial canal viewsanta maria della salutebeautiful hotelconcierge staffmark's squarean upgradeour honeymoonfive star hotelbottle of champagnedeluxe roomlarge bathroomclose to san marcobeautiful room
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I had never flown and with my 50th birthday approaching my wonderful sister offered me Venice on a plate! How could I refuse! She had been to this hotel several times before and raved about it! As it was a birthday treat she insisted we had one of the Grand Canal view rooms, how lucky am I! The room itself oozed luxury, with everything you could possibly need (except a kettle! But I am reliably informed a lot of European countries don't have these in rooms). Spotlessly clean and light and airy. However, the BIG plus is the view from the balcony! The Grand Canal in all it's glory! Breathtaking! Rather than feeling shut away in your hotel room you still feel part of Venice and can hear the lapping of water and the occasional gondolier singing! Always something to hear and see from the comfort of your own room! Yes, you pay more for a room like this (well, my sister did bless her) but it is MORE than worth it! Would highly recommend for someone wanting a restful break in a very unique city.

• Stayed: April 2014
europaregina, Manager at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this great review. We are so pleased to know that your sister has chosen our hotel for your 50th birthday celebration and even more pleased to learn that we have lived up and exceeded your expectations.
Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you soon back to The Westin Europa & Regina.
With warmest regards

Executive office
The westin europa & regina

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Would stay here again. We had a great view of the water from our room. When we arrived they had chocolates and champagne in our room. The room was small but staff was great and very friendly even though we didn't know any Italian, but we tried.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard F
europaregina, Manager at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments about your stay at The Westin Europa & Regina. We are all very happy that you enjoyed your honeymoon.We will pass this lovely review to the team, which we are certain it will make their day!
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

With very best regards

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Tucked away in a quiet corner but near the expensive shops and san marco piazza. beautiful views, nice size rooms and bathrooms. very comfortable beds and all the amenities.
However, the rooms were very warm and a/c was needed. the system was barely working if at all. Excellent staff and very helpful.
They charge for everything and not cheaply. We were paying a goodly amount for the rooms yet they charged for buckets of ice!
The grand Canal is right outside the front (or back) loggia with ample seating overlooking the waterway and the opposite piazzas.
prompt room service but 14 euros for a pot of coffee for 2?
breakfasts are as outrageously expensive and nothing more than coffee or tea , croissants and other pastries. we were sent a trolly of them after posting the note on the door the previous night for just coffee. they did remove the charge of some 40 euros from out bill.
All in all, it was a wonderful hotel. many private functions seem to take place there in a beautiful ball room. Ciao!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
europaregina, Manager at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at The Westin Europa & Regina.
We are delighted to learn you slept well on our Westin Heavenly beds but on the other hand we apologize for the a/c system that unfortunately didn’t work at its best.

We look forward to the chance of welcoming you back with us on another not too distant occasion.
With very best regards

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I booked the the Westin Regina & Europa for a two day stay in Venice. I was traveling with my mother who had never been to Italy before I wanted to ensure that we could have a first class experience. As a Starwood gold member I chose this hotel. Overall, I would say that it is a beautiful location and beautiful property, but service needs work in order to match the surroundings. In order to be the 5-star hotel they aspire to be they needs to work on a few things. Thus the value proposition could be better. Here are the highlights of my review - I typically review Service, Accommodations, Location, and Value.

Service: Service was just OK throughout the stay. I found that people did their jobs well, but were hard pressed to be friendly, warm, or even flash a smile. I dealt with the front desk during three occasions - check in, check out, and to order a new room key. During check-in the gentleman was efficient, but did not possess one ounce of warmth or friendliness. He answered questions with "yes" or "no" and did not add much else. No smiles or greetings either. During check-out, despite being the only person at the front desk, another front desk staffer did not make eye contact, did not smile, and did not speak unless spoken to. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but no smiles or warmth at all.

My other issue was with housekeeping. On one day we left the hotel at 9am and only returned at 3:30pm to take a quick break after sightseeing. We noticed the room hadn't been cleaned yet and just assumed that it had been forgotten. We wanted to take a quick 20 minute nap only to have the housekeeping staff right the bell twice within a 10 minute period. We explained both times that we had just returned at 3:30 and we needed about 30 minutes and then they could return. 10 minutes later she rang again and asked if she could start cleaning the bathroom while we napped and I said, No. I said to please return in 20 minutes (the original 30 minute request). I received a call the housekeeping manager and explained that we were gone all day and just needed a quick break but that the maid could return after 4pm. 10 minutes later the bell rang again. This was her again and at this point we just said - fine, clean the room and we left. I was annoyed since we had vacated the room for most of the day and I felt that we were being rushed out of our room.

Accommodations: The rooms were nice, but seemed a bit dated. I felt the furnishings were a tad worn. The rooms had flat screen TV's but were missing a clock of any kind whether that be an alarm clock of some kind. Most Westin's now have iPod capable radios in the room and this had neither. This is something I come to expect in better hotels.

Location: The hotel had a perfect location on the Grand Canal and was walk able to the Rialto Bridge and San Marcos Square. You arrive by boat and this was fun. They also had a beautiful, but pricey bar right on the water.

Value: The hotel presents a good, but not outstanding value. If they work on the service aspects highlighted above and update the rooms a bit with more modern features, this hotel would be a much better value in Venice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a very descriptive and useful review.
We are glad that you found our location and property beautiful. On the hand, we would like to apologize on behalf of all team regarding your experience at the front desk and with our housekeeping attendee. It is clear on this occasion we have failed to deliver the usual standards you would expect from a 5 star hotel as The Westin Europa & Regina.
We do really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in order to revise your feeling on our service.

With best regards

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed here with my husband for 3 nights after booking a 'Secret Hotel' on lastminute.com

The location makes this hotel, and without the beautiful bar/ breakfast restaurant onto the Grand Canal the hotel would be classed as average. The entrance is traditionally styled yet the corridors around the hotel were worn. Our room was good and we slept comfortably.

You will be playing 5* prices and breakfast was very expensive - €35 for a buffet breakfast. The location and selection of food was good. Drinks too were expensive - €13 for a glass of wine, €9 for a small americano coffee - you do however get lovely biscuits with hot drinks and olives/ crisps/ nut etc with alcohol which adds to the experience - maybe just have one drink though before heading off somewhere else to enjoy cheaper drink! Sadly there was no kettle in the room to make our own brew!

The service was good and they were very helpful in arranging transport to the airport for us.

We probably wouldn't stay again at this hotel, but it was a good place to base ourselves to enjoy central Venice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LizQ87

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It certainly pleases us to learn you enjoyed our location and you slept comfortably in our Heavenly Bed.
The Grand Canal views from our La Cusina Restaurant and Bar Tiepolo are indeed beautiful and when combined with the quality of our breakfast selection and the very well-made drinks served by our specialized Barman or Barwoman, we believe worth the extra expense.
We do really hope to welcome you back again at The Westin Europa & Regina in a very near future.
With best regards