“Nice hotel, Make sure you know how to find it”

The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice
Ranked #98 of 386 Hotels in Venice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice hotel, Make sure you know how to find it”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

First of all, know that if you want to avoid any headache in finding it, they offer a boat pickup to take you right to the Westin Dock. Instead we had poor instructions from the concierge that cost us almost 3 hours and a lot of extra walking around with bags due to poor instructions, The property is nice and there are good views of the canals from the private dock

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank David Y
europaregina, Manager at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at The Westin Europa & Regina.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the location on the Gran Canal, despite leaving with regretfully negative impression of Concierge team. We do thank you for having brought this to our attention so that we may take the necessary steps to improve our guests' experience.
We hope to welcome you back at The Westin Europa & Regina and we remain with
best regards

the westin Europa & regina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Everything about this hotel is perfect. Location, Food, Wine, Rooms. They upgraded our room without any fuss to canal view, and everything we asked for. simply awesome. We had some amazing wines on bright sunny day facing the canal and food.

Its gonna be one of the best hotel i have stayed and had some unforgettable memory.

Cheers. Kudos to the Team.

Room Tip: Please ask for room facing the canal.
3 Thank Nitesh M
europaregina, Manager at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fantastic review of The Westin Europa & Regina!
We are glad that we have lived up to your expectations and we will ensure to pass on your comments to the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Venice very soon.
With very best regards

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Westin Europa using points and ere upgraded to a suite based on my Platinum status.

The room was amazing, with three rooms, nice view and beautiful decor.

We received a welcome gift of a nice bottle of champaign in ice plus snacks!

Service from staff was great, the even handled unusual requests easily. We needed porter service to transfer our luggage to another hotel and the Westin handled everything

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg T
Dear Guest,
What a lovely review! Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us, we always aim to fulfill our guests’ expectations and we are pleased to read through your review. we will make sure to share your mention to the staff and especially to the Concierge team . We look forward to welcoming you back soon in Venice
With warmest regards

Executive office
Miami
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Westin Europa & Regina is a great place to be in venice! Love the classic decor and the history at the location. My room was very spacious and comfortable. The in room amenities were more than expected. The location of this hotel is also spectacular. My only complaint with this hotel was the concierge. For every request it seem like it was a big issue. Definitely not the experience I would expect from a concierge with the keys. Very poor attitudes and unhelpful. But other than that my experience was wonderful and have no complaints at all. The front office did an exceptional job on meeting all my request.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
europaregina, Manager at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit, the location and our amenities, despite leaving with regretfully negative impression of Concierge team. We do thank you for having brought this to our attention so that we may take the necessary steps to improve our guests' experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon for another great experience.
With warmest regards
fort lauderdale
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel is beautiful in that old classical way, very Venetian and it sits right in the heart of Venice. I am a huge fan of SPG, so I do try and collect points whenever and wherever I can so I can travel and get free rooms. Normally when I do so, it is never a problem nor am ever made to feel like I am less important by using points, that is until now. When I arrived, I was greeted by, well how do I say this, an expressionless face and yes she did make a point to announce to the entire lobby that my entire stay was done with points. Just by her tone of voice I could tell that my room was not going to be one of the better ones, probably not even in the top 50% of the rooms available. She told me that my upgrade for being a loyal member of SPG would be a renovated room. I was very tired and normally would argue this, but I just didn't have it in me, but believe me, I will definitely let SPG know how their property in Venice, Italy treats their loyal guests.

Now, lets get back to the hotel review. Our renovated room was nice, very spacious, the normal Westin bathroom amenties which by the way have the best smell, the shower was ok, there wasn't a tub but the bathroom was quite large.

We went to the restaurant that evening, since we did arrive quite late, to have dinner. The food was good, way over priced, service was great (waiter's name was Giacomo or Jack for short) and the view spectacular. Oh, and do not order a coke, they cost 11 Euros which is equivalent to about $15. Our proseco cost just a little but more.

We had room service for breakfast, which was very good, try the mango smoothy it was delicious and it all arrived in just 20 minutes.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel, but if you are paying for it, not using points like I did, you may be a little disappointed.

Dear Guest,
Thank you sharing your feedback about your stay with us.

It's good to know that you enjoyed our hotel and our Restaurant service, but we regret that we did not reach our target in delivering a real SPG experience, beyond your expectations.

We hope you will give us another opportunity in order to recover your confidence showing you what a real SPG Experience looks like.

With our best regards,

Reviewed October 22, 2013

It is my first stay in this Westin hotel in Venice. My initial impressions of this hotel are, unfortunately, disappointing.

I had originally called the hotel concierge for directions and best way to the hotel. Was told to take the vaporetta (water bus). Had also asked how do we get from the San Marco stop to the hotel and the directions were unfortunately unclear. Had asked if they could assist us by meeting us at the stop and assist us with the luggage and I was traveling with my wife and 6 year old daughter. Was flatly rejected. Even told them that I would pay for the porter services and was flatly rejected again and they hung up the phone on me.

When we arrived at the San Marco stop, we had to drag our way around slowly and asked 3 occasions on the directions to the hotel.

Stay in the hotel was fine. It wasn't a great place relative to the USD 800 per night we paid for the room. Front desk staff were not particularly helpful and made us feel like we were unwelcome and were abrupt on any answer to our questions - which most answers were mostly either 'No' or 'Can't Help'.

Housekeeping folks would enter our room even with a do not disturb sign placed on the handles outside our door.

Very disappointed service quality for such a beautiful hotel. Sigh....

Room Tip: Unless you are prepared to walk with your luggage, the best way to the hotel is via a water taxi.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
europaregina, Manager at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review as we do value feedback from our guests, even if negative, as this ensures we grow and evolve our business. We sincerely apologize for your negative experience at our hotel and we can assure you your review will not pass by without notice. Please be assured that the incidents experienced are well below our usual standards and our Management will be passing on your notes to the team and discuss the reasons behind all those incidents. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Europa & Regina in order to revise your feelings on our property and service. Along with our sincere apologies, please do not hesitate to contact us for anything you might need from the beautiful city of Venice.
With best regards
MARZIO BONOMI
Front Office Manager
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin for about 4 nights. We were first given a suite overlooking the venetian rooftops, which I didn't enjoy at all, given we're in Venice!!?? Yet, when we asked them for a suite overlooking the water, the staff was very helpful in meeting our request

Let's start with the pros: 1) even though the location of the hotel may seem very shady at first glance, yet it's actually overlooking one of the canals; 2. The interior is beautiful, classic and rich; 3. The rooms were very nice and spacious; 4. Central location (about 5 min walk to the Piazza San Marco); 5. Concierge was very helpful in directing us to nice nearby restaurants

Now to the cons: 1) pricey

Yet, overall We really enjoyed out stay there, and would love to go back again on our coming visit to Venice

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nomadic W
europaregina, Manager at The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind review. We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your recent amazing experience with us at The Westin Europa & Regina, and hope to welcome you back, soon.

With our kindest Regards