I have just returned from a 4 week trip through Europe and this was the only hotel to disappoint. We booked this hotel as it was recommended by American Express as one of their preferred hotels. I will certainly be telling them to reconsider that!
From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a very rude girl at the front desk who couldn't find it possible to smile. We had booked a room with a canal view and had also booked for 3 people as we were travelling with our 12 year old. The rude girl advised that there was only one bed in the room and I told her that a rollaway bed was supposed to be booked as Amex had done in all our other hotels. She explained that if we wanted a rollaway it would cost 135 Euros per day. How ridiculous! We were already paying 435 Euros per night and the room was very average for that.
We left our bags in our room and decided to go and have a drink in the bar and enjoy the view before heading out. We sat outside for some time before we were greeted by a very rude and unhappy woman who just stood there and stared at us. No menus were bought out and it seemed we were an inconvenience to her. One quick drink and we were out of there.
After returning from a lovely dinner out that evening we decided to have a drink in the bar before going to our room. When we walked into the bar there were 4 staff sitting at the bar talking to the 'rude girl' who was behind the bar. They all glared at us and kept staring as we sat down as though we were inconveniencing them by being there. Rude girl from the bar came over (Sherene I believe her name was) and was again just as unwelcoming as she had been that afternoon. Again another quick drink and we were out of there!
We had 2 nights at this hotel and tried to spend as much time as possible away from it! The service all round was very average and the staff just appauling! I will definitely be contacting Amex about recommending this hotel as that is a big mistake. There are many other hotels close by, choose them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly positioned on the Grand Canal with sweeping views of the city's most iconic landmarks, The Westin Europa and Regina places guests right in the heart of the city's artistic and theatre districts, in a discreet setting just off the fashionable Calle XXII Marzo and steps from Piazza San Marco. Our unmatched selection of rooftop terrace suites, Grand Canal rooms, restyled accommodations, and Grand Canal-side venues with nutrition-rich proposals are settings of relaxed indulgence where guests can be at their best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hotel Europa And Regina, Venice
- Westin Venice
- Westin Hotel Europa Regina Venice
- Venice Westin