Weather always has a lot to do with your experience, and understanding what is and isn't available, always has a big part about how much you enjoy your stay. For us, we researched this hotel thoroughly, and even sent a few e-mails to some tripadvisor members. First, I would say this place is not cheap, however, the prices are not out of line with other fine hotels in Venice.
We were two adults and two children. We booked two SINGLE rooms with the breakfast package included. I would highly recommend this for anyone. The Single room sleeps one adult and one child, and the breakfast package allows all members of the room to have an amazing breakfast sitting under the shade on the grand canal. The view is worth every cent you pay for the room. If you are here, I suggest you take your time to just soak in the rhythm of the grand canal in front of you.
I'm an SPG lifetime gold member, so we were upgraded to deluxe rooms. The rooms were quite large, had the bathrooms were well appointed. As always, the Westin beds are the best in the industry.
We took the advice of a tripadvisor member, and took a taxi from the airport to the hotel. This was fast and efficient, and compared to the huge line-ups for the Ali Laguna shuttle, very enjoyable.
Everyone talks about the proximity to St Mark's square. This is true, however, much of Venice is in walkable distance from the hotel. The temperatures in the summer can quite hot, and luckily there are loads of gelator places around to help cool you down.
I should mention the breakfast buffet does allow you to order anything not actually at the buffet. If you want eggs, they will make it for you. Our kids wanted pancakes, and they got them a few minutes later. For the price, nothing is too much to ask for.
We had dinner at this hotel one night. We were disappointed that we were charged the sitting fee of 12 euros per person. I would think that people staying at the hotel shouldn't have to pay this. In addition, SPG members are supposed to get a discount, but this wasn't applied. We didn't let this spoil our stay, as I no one except me got to see the bill.
The food was great, and staff was fine, the rooms were beautifl and comfortable, and the location was superb. We would have no hesitation coming back here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly positioned on the Grand Canal with sweeping views of the city's most iconic landmarks, The Westin Europa and Regina places guests right in the heart of the city's artistic and theatre districts, in a discreet setting just off the fashionable Calle XXII Marzo and steps from Piazza San Marco. Our unmatched selection of rooftop terrace suites, Grand Canal rooms, restyled accommodations, and Grand Canal-side venues with nutrition-rich proposals are settings of relaxed indulgence where guests can be at their best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Europa & Regina, Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Hotel Europa And Regina, Venice
- Westin Venice
- Westin Hotel Europa Regina Venice
- Venice Westin