“Again please!”

Ranked #94 of 385 Hotels in Venice
United Kingdom
“Again please!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed here in June 2013 with my family as it was a member of are family's 50th birthday so we though, Venice would be the best place to go! The hotel could not have been better, we stayed in a room on the side facing the court yard and a little path way where you could see down to view the grand canal a little. The breakfast was great and ask for the hot chocolate, they are really really tasty! From the breakfast room their was a balcony with a beautiful view of the grand Cannel.

Of you read any reviews saying about their being no lift, just think, what do you expect
in a old listed building! I didn't have any problem as the staff helped us with our bags!

The staff were very nice and always attended to you! The mini bars in the rooms were very well priced and was extremely clean, EVERYWHERE! Under the beds, in the bathroom etc their was no mess! :) I would stay here all my life if I could because it was so nice! I would recommend you stay here with family's!

Room Tip: Even if you get a room facing the court yard, it is still very nice as you can get a good view form...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ont.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I were slated to stay at this hotel, but through no fault of their own our room was not available for us when we went to check in. As a result, they moved us to their sister hotel on San Marco's Square, gave us drinks, and a private taxi ride to the new locale. A++ for customer service!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sheik
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed for a night with my family (myself, wife and two daughters). Our first time in Venice. Loved the room. Our room was on the third floor with a great view over the Grand Canal. The hotel having no lift was no big deal as we did not find the stairs to be a problem and the very helpful staff carried our bags. Location of the hotel was great too. Breakfast was fantastic. We wished we could have stayed longer. If we ever go back to Venice we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bold, Cheshire
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Me and my Fiance stayed at the hotel San Cassiano for 4 days from 20th August to 24th.
The hotel overall is excellent. Its location positioned on the grand canal made it easy to get to from the airport (via the public water taxi), San Stae is the closest stop which is approx 5 mins walk. In terms of location to the main tourist attractions, the Rialto bridge is 5 mins away on foot, and St Marks sq is 10-15 mins.
The hotel itself is a wonderful old Venetian building, and in my view is a genuine 4 star hotel. I say this after visiting Italy and other European cities previously, often the rating they hold would in my view by 1 star less in thr UK, but San Cassiano i think is fairly rated at 4 stars. Inside the decor is contemporary Venetian in style, and this feel is continuued into the bedrooms which again have an origianl Venetian feel to them. Whilst not being huge (again as you would expect in Italian hotels) the bedrooms are confortably sized. They also contain air con, a safe, shower and bath together and large wardrobe.
The facilities in the hotel where good, WIFI is not free which is a shame as its useful when abroad to be able to make use of WIFI whilst in your hotel. it is available at a charge. The front desk staff where excelllent, and so was the gentleman who serves the bar.
Breakfast itself is good in terms of choice, my only reservation is the size of the breakfast room. its very compact both where the food is layed out, and also where you sit to eat. This can get busy and crowded in a morning.
Just to cover a couple of other points, Venice in general we found to have no particular smell, which we were concerned about as lots of people mention it as an issue. The grand canal itself is quite noisy, but this is basically becasue its similar to a mian road with cars on it given the amount of boats using it. However, stayin in a hotel overlooking the canal more than makes up for any noise, its definitely worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robert C
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in the San Cassiano for two nights for my wife's birthday. The hotel is beautiful and is decorated in typical Venetian style. We were on the second floor close to the breakfast room but had no issues with excessive noise, in fact, we found the quiet location very peaceful throughout our stay. The staff we courteous, friendly and very helpful supplying maps which were invaluable to the first time visitor!
The hotel room was quite small but more than adequate for our needs. Breakfast was good with everything we needed to begin the day, especially when we managed to get one of the two tables located outside with views across the Grand Canal.
I would recommend using the Alilaguna water bus both to and from the airport; the journey from the airport to San Stae took a little over 40 minutes and cost 16 Euro per person. We used the Vaporetti to reach Murano and Burano islands, the boats can be very busy at times but @ 18 Euros for 12 hours unlimited use, worked out to be good value for money.
Venice as a multitude of places to eat and drink but be careful for Cover and Service charges which do vary but were typically 1-2 Euro per person plus 12%

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank del2305
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed five nights solo at the hotel - the first room was on the top floor, but being an older person with a gimpy knee, I requested a lower floor, which was done within one day. The second room was actually larger than the first - giving me a bit more room to move about. The bed was a single, but very comfortable - no complaints. The staff were great - breakfast staff always smiled and kept the food stocked - and tables cleaned off. The breakfast food was fine - a fairly nice variety, that would fill anyone up. The small terrace off the breakfast area on the grand canal held two tables with a fantastic view; if you were lucky enough for one to be available, the scenery was fabulous.

Wish the hotel website had specifically said which water bus stop was nearest their location; my flight arrived late and it was pouring rain, and no one recognized the name or address of the hotel, thus I ended up lost. When finally someone correctly directed me to the hotel, the bridges from San Stei were very difficult to maneuver, trying to navigate a 50 lb. suitcase and a carry-on. I heartily suggest that travelers with mobility issues should pay close attention to the location of a hotel in terms of the water bus stops. Line 1 stops at every station, but Line 2 does not. Direct travel from the airport to the hotel via a water taxi is expensive, at 100 Euro. And you must walk about 100+ yards to reach the water taxi and water bus boarding area. The Rialto water bus stop was a bit further than San Stei, but also within about a 15 minute walk. On the way to Rialto, there were lots of shops and café stops for shopping or eating.

The hotel is well maintained, small and quaint. The character of the building is outstanding; artwork, Murano chandeliers, tapestries, all added to the charm.

I had a wonderful, once in a lifetime stay in Venice, and I rate the hotel highly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Jeannea65
newport uk
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went here for my birthday weekend and it was so lovely. We had a private transfer from the airport which took us straight to the hotel jetty. The hotel is so beautiful and the room was exceptional. We were on the third floor and unlike other hotels we heard no noise at all. If you have health issues a ground floor room would be better as there is no lift. The breakfast was very good and sat out on the balcony a few mornings. The staff were very helpful and friendly, except for one who when we asked for drinks in the evening sucked his breath in over his teeth and wasn't happy about doing it, he told us there was no hot chocolate as he couldn't be bothered to do it, the barman who worked in the day was very chatty and friendly. Simone was great giving us directions as it so easy to get lost.
We would defiantly stay here again as its close to the vaperetto stop so you have access to everywhere but it's not in a busy area that its too noisy. Venice is a beautiful place and we can't wait to go back

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple