“how to discover venice”

DiscoveringVenice - Walking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DiscoveringVenice is run by Antonella, Eugenia and Federica. We are Registered Tourist Guides since 2000. We offer a wide range of private tours. We also offer semi-private tours: a perfect way to share costs with other travellers like you. The private tours we organize can be either on foot or by private boat (Gran Canal, small canals, islands of the lagoon - Murano, Burano, Torcello). We are keen to organize customized exclusive tours to make you discover the "hidden Venice" and its back-streets, as well as the monumental classic Venice.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We (four adults) were in Venice for the first time on a 2-day cruise stopover. Contacting "Discover Venice" was the right way to do it! Antonella gave us not only an in-depth look at the Dorsoduro area on a two-hour walk, but an overall sense of Venice as a metropolis and a society. When we come back, I hope we can do it again!

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 hours with Patrizia on a walking tour of Venice recently. Her knowledge of the the 'usual' attractions is outstanding and when combined with her knowledge of the city and its neighbors, the tour was true delight. She was extraordinarly informd about all of hte attractions adwas ve careful to answer all of our questions. Inall, a fabulous tour that we can recommend to anyone going to Venice.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The professionalism and organization and depth of knowledge of our guide Patrizia and her company Discovering Venice made our trip to Venice an enriched exciting and magical visit. Priceless!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I booked a 3 hour walking tour with Federica a few months before our Mediterranean cruise. We had a great time--she took us around St. Mark's Square, the Doge's Palace, the Basilica, and around some of the side streets of Venice. We felt we got a lot of information from her, and enjoyed seeing parts of Venice outside of the main tourist areas-- we felt that we got a taste of what it is like to live there. I highly recommend booking a walking tour with Federica--it was time and money well spent!

1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I contacted Federica by email a few months prior to our trip to Venice. Since my husband and I had been there 2 times before, I had a good layout of the city and had in mind the places I wanted to visit. There were 4 of us on our tour, my husband and myself, plus another couple (friends of ours) who had never been to Venice. Wow, what a great tour. I thought I know a lot about the city but after spending 4 hours with Federica, I learned so much more about the whole area, the ins and outs of the canals, the Basilica, many churches, the lagoons and so much more. We were there on a windy, cold day in October but I had never seen so many people in St. Mark's Square. Every inch had people in it. The line to the Basilica was incredibly long (most likely it would have taken several hours to get into the church) but Federica took us right in. I had never seen it with the lights on so it was like seeing it for the first time. I'd taken a guided tour previously but it wasn't from 11:30 - 12:30 which are the only times the lights are on. After touring around the streets, we went on a 2 hour canal tour that she had arranged. Very interesting since you get to see all of the neighborhoods of the city. I would highly recommend using her tour guide service even if you've been to Venice before. See really gave us an indepth knowledge and was very personable. Also, her prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank Cindy95630