“The best way to see Venice”

DiscoveringVenice - Walking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DiscoveringVenice is run by Antonella, Eugenia and Federica. We are Registered Tourist Guides since 2000. We offer a wide range of private tours. We also offer semi-private tours: a perfect way to share costs with other travellers like you. The private tours we organize can be either on foot or by private boat (Gran Canal, small canals, islands of the lagoon - Murano, Burano, Torcello). We are keen to organize customized exclusive tours to make you discover the "hidden Venice" and its back-streets, as well as the monumental classic Venice.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The best way to see Venice”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I can say how we scheduled a 3 hour walking tour with Discovering Venice and that Antonella was our guide. What it felt like? Like we met up with a friend (who happens to know a lot about the history and art of Venice) who took us around and showed us the sights of her city. We met Antonella in St Marks Square where we were given a little orientation on Venice, then we moved onto Doges Palace and St Marks Basilica. After that we walked around one of the neighborhoods, we ended with her suggesting a fabulous place to enjoy some typical Venetian cicchetti's (tapas). We enjoyed that so much, later in our trip, when we met up with other travelers who were going to Venice, we made sure to tell them about Antonella's suggestion.
The tour was worth every penny and more. I can't imagine any other way to see and learn about an area in a limited amount of time. Unlike a group tour, we could ask as many questions as we wanted and many times we deviated away from history to modern life in Venice. She answered them all. Thank you so much Antonella, for making our visit to Venice a truly memorable one.

1 Thank Aloverofgoldens

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Tempe, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You Won't Be Disappointed”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful 2 hour walking and 1 hour private boat tour with Antonella. What a wonderful day of enrichment thanks to the knowledge of Antonella. She will customize your tour depending on your interests. Antonella was so kind and friendly. When we finished the tour she turned us on to a great little family eatery. Probably the best dinner I had in my 2 week Italy vacation. Thanks Antonella

1 Thank RobertLic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A DiscoveringVenice walking tour is a must do when in Venice”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a delightful afternoon with Federica, touring areas of Venice that we had not experienced previously. Her knowledge of history and art was so impressive and made our visit to Venice even more special. I would have loved to have been able to spend a day with her. Her English was impeccable and her personality is such that she is a delight to have as a guide. Venice is the kind of city that lends itself so well to walking tours. Federica was able to point out interesting information that I had not learned in two previous trips to Venice. I do not like touring with large groups. I learn so much more about a city when touring with a guide. I highly recommend this company and Federica who is a super guide. The expense is well worth it.

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Venice in March”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Antonella provided a private tour for our family which consisted of my sister, niece my 78 year old Spanish-speaking mother and my wife and me. Since before we left, Antonella was very easy to communicate with and we were able to explain our dual-language group's needs. She met us early at our hotel and provided us a bilingual (Spanish-English) walking tour which ended in a private taxi tour of the canals.
I would recommend Antonella without reservation and I plan to seek her out again if we are fortunate enough to return to this European gem of a city.
Grazie Antonella!

Visited March 2013
Long Island, NY
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Informative and fun.....must do!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I took a 2.5 hour tour with Federica and enjoyed it immensely. While she was able to offer a variety of tour possibilities, I knew that I wanted to see St. Mark's Basillica as well as the Doge's Pallace. With that request, Federica took it from there. She knew exactly the best time to enter each and since she is licensed, we passed the long lines. If your time is worth money, you should consider this as reason alone to use a guide. Note: the price for entrance tickets is not included. As I showed interest in certain things she added or removed tour options to fit me.

Not only did she grow up in Venice, but she is licensed and exhibited her extreme knowledge throughout the tour. It was very conversational and not a canned script. 100% recommendation for her services.

Stop thinking about it and just book it!