“Venice with Antonella”

DiscoveringVenice - Walking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DiscoveringVenice is run by Antonella, Eugenia and Federica. We are Registered Tourist Guides since 2000. We offer a wide range of private tours. We also offer semi-private tours: a perfect way to share costs with other travellers like you. The private tours we organize can be either on foot or by private boat (Gran Canal, small canals, islands of the lagoon - Murano, Burano, Torcello). We are keen to organize customized exclusive tours to make you discover the "hidden Venice" and its back-streets, as well as the monumental classic Venice.
Dublin, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Venice with Antonella”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My wife and I recently were in Venice as part of a Italian cruise on Celebrity Solstice. We arranged for a 1/2 day tour of Venice along with the water tour in private taxi. WOW! What a fabulous time. We met Antonella in St Marks Square (San Marco) between the 2 iconic pillars and started with the Doges Palace and the Catherdral. Magnificient! Antonella, with her historical knowledge and degree in Art History, really knows every little detail about what you are seeing. Which makes it fun because there really is no question that she cannot answer.
She is friendly fun and professional. (It is not surprising that several of the US universities use her as a teacher for there semester abroad programs in Venice) The water tour segment was outstanding and Venice from a boat is not to be missed. The boat was beautiful and we saw a lot that you would otherwise miss - such as the show where the gondolas are custom built and repaired! Would recommend Antonella to anyone who is looking for a terrific introduction to Venice! 5 stars

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Anthony B

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Chatham
“Walking/Water Tour of Venice”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Antonella was wonderful! Our family (2 teenage boys, 2 parents, 1 grandparent) had arranged a 2 hour walking/1 hour boat tour of Venice. As we had never been to Venice and this was our first day, we kept the walking portion to St. Mark's and Doge's Palace. Antonella was lovely and very knowledgable. It is such a treat to walk around without your nose in a guide book - to really take in your surroundings. And great restaurant recommendations too!

Visited June 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very good”
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Antonella is very knowledgeable and easy to understand I have had many guides and definitely she is above average.
I don't feel she is 5 star especially for families with children

2 Thank Beentheredonethatyou
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“See the other side of Venice!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Without going into great detail, I'll just say that after a tour with Antonella my husband and I appreciate Venice and its history much more than we had in our previous visit. Antonella's love for Venice is contagious and her in-depth knowledge of the city is to be admired. Besides sharing historical information, Antonella politely answered my questions about life in modern day Venice. At the end our tour I felt as if I had a solid grasp of both historical and modern Venice. Prior to our meeting, i told Antonella our two teenage sons would be with us and we might need to make adjustments to fit their interests. She did a great job of anticipating their interests and we all feel our tour with Antonella was the highlight of our visit to Venice! Thank you, Antonella!

Visited July 2012
San Antonio, Texas
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour of Venice!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I booked the 4 hour tour geared for Cruise passengers online. Antonella was very helpful, and it was a snap booking online and her email followups were very prompt. She allowed us to do the 3 hour tour our first day in port, then the one hour Grand Canal tour the second day.
She was a very knowledgeable and informative guide, having been born and spending her life in Venice. The tour started in St. Mark's Square, with a tour of St. Mark's Basilica and then the Doge's Palace. All questions were answered, and she geared the tour towards our family which included 2 teenage daughters.
The second morning we were met at Piazza Roma for the Grand Canal tour. This was a beautiful one hour tour of the Grand Canal, pointing out all major landmarks and sites. Believe me, this was a much better tour and time than the Gondola ride(arrranged with a different company). She even made a detour to show us the functioning gondola boatyards. She then gave us advice on how to proceed to Murano.
Overall, I would highly recommend this tour company and Antonella.

Visited July 2012