“See the other side of Venice!”

DiscoveringVenice - Walking Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DiscoveringVenice is run by Antonella, Eugenia and Federica. We are Registered Tourist Guides since 2000. We offer a wide range of private tours. We also offer semi-private tours: a perfect way to share costs with other travellers like you. The private tours we organize can be either on foot or by private boat (Gran Canal, small canals, islands of the lagoon - Murano, Burano, Torcello). We are keen to organize customized exclusive tours to make you discover the "hidden Venice" and its back-streets, as well as the monumental classic Venice.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Without going into great detail, I'll just say that after a tour with Antonella my husband and I appreciate Venice and its history much more than we had in our previous visit. Antonella's love for Venice is contagious and her in-depth knowledge of the city is to be admired. Besides sharing historical information, Antonella politely answered my questions about life in modern day Venice. At the end our tour I felt as if I had a solid grasp of both historical and modern Venice. Prior to our meeting, i told Antonella our two teenage sons would be with us and we might need to make adjustments to fit their interests. She did a great job of anticipating their interests and we all feel our tour with Antonella was the highlight of our visit to Venice! Thank you, Antonella!

All reviews
"two hours"
in 31 reviews
"special tour"
in 11 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
in 9 reviews
"first morning"
in 14 reviews
"come alive"
in 16 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 14 reviews
"great introduction to venice"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I booked the 4 hour tour geared for Cruise passengers online. Antonella was very helpful, and it was a snap booking online and her email followups were very prompt. She allowed us to do the 3 hour tour our first day in port, then the one hour Grand Canal tour the second day.
She was a very knowledgeable and informative guide, having been born and spending her life in Venice. The tour started in St. Mark's Square, with a tour of St. Mark's Basilica and then the Doge's Palace. All questions were answered, and she geared the tour towards our family which included 2 teenage daughters.
The second morning we were met at Piazza Roma for the Grand Canal tour. This was a beautiful one hour tour of the Grand Canal, pointing out all major landmarks and sites. Believe me, this was a much better tour and time than the Gondola ride(arrranged with a different company). She even made a detour to show us the functioning gondola boatyards. She then gave us advice on how to proceed to Murano.
Overall, I would highly recommend this tour company and Antonella.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband, myself and our twenty year old daughter just spent 4 days in Venice and used Discovering Venice walking tours for a three hour private tour. We had 2 hrs walking and one hour on a boat. It was the best thing we could have done. Federica came to our hotel and spent 15 mins or so explaining some of the history of Venice and clarifying what we would like to achieve in our time with her. We had already spent 2 days in Venice and been to the Doges palace so she tailored our time to fit around what we hadn't already done. At the end of the tour she took our map and made suggestions of where we might like to walk on our last day and other helpful hints. Her knowledge was superb and we all thoroughly enjoyed it even on a hot humid afternoon. Federica was very knowledgable and yet relaxed and humorous as well. We had a fabulous few hours with her and Venice would not have felt the same without what she gave us in her time. Thank you Federica and I highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank JaPhillipa L
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Wow - you cannot get a better and more knowledgeable tour guide than Antonella. If you are in Venice for a short period of time or need an in-depth introduction and orientation before exploring the City then you need to book a three hour walking tour and boat trip down the Grand Canal. We started in St Mark's square just after 9am avoiding the huge crowds which accumulate later in the day. Antonella's knowledge was first rate during the entire tour including several districts, major attractions and during the Grand Canal boat trip. This type of tour is an excellent way of seeing Venice from a Cruise Ship (when time is often limited) and an early tour allows you to explore the less tourist areas later in he day

See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This was my family's (myself, husband, two teenage daughters, my mom and dad) first time to Venice. As we were only there one full day, we booked a 3 hour Special Tour of Venice. We spent two hours with Antonella telling us about Venetian history and touring the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica, then spent the last hour touring by private boat while she pointed out all the sights and history of Venice. We didn't have to wait in any long lines, which was wonderful since June 30th was a most hot and humid day! We couldn't have asked for a better guide. It's clear that Antonella has passion for her city, and she was extremely knowlegeable, warm, friendly and professional! I would recommend her as a guide for anyone visiting Venice.