“There's a reason she's ranked #1!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SeeVenice

SeeVenice
Ranked #4 of 157 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: My name's Luisella Romeo and I am a registered tourist guide in Venice. I run SeeVenice and offer private and semi-private tours in Venice and to the islands in the Venetian lagoon such as Murano, Burano and Torcello. You can also book walking tours in the city, both orientation tours and itineraries along the off-the-beaten paths. Boat tours with private watertaxi along the canals and guided tours to all museums and churches are also included as well as to temporary art exhibitions.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“There's a reason she's ranked #1!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I took a a 2 hour introductory walking tour of Venice with Luisella that was absolutely phenomenal. Luisella is a consummate professional and a genuine pleasure to be around.. She's warm, engaging, and eager to share her love - and extensive knowledge - of Venice. She brought the city to life, skillfully introducing us to Venice's economic, political, and religious history, as well as the city's modern ecological challenges. Her energy and enthusiasm are infectious, and it was truly a privilege to see Venice through her eyes. Our time flew by and we were sad to see her go. Overall, I could not have imagined a better way to begin our time in Venice.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank L T

New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

My family and I (6 adults) booked two private tours with Luisella. She was attentive and responsive and individualized the tours to meet our specific requests. She arranged a four hour tour of the Lagoon and the islands of Murano and Burano by private watertaxi that was outstanding. The walking tour of the city, the tour of St. Mark's Bascilica and the Doge's Palace were entertaining and extremely informative. Luisella is a warm, friendly and intelligent woman. She goes out of her way to please and she certainly succeeded.

1 Thank bfq1266
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Venice with Luisella”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We did a quick trip to Venice with our 4 children aged 8-15. I contacted Luisella and she was very good at getting back to me by email. She provided maps and descriptions of the many areas we could visit, making it easy to get the tour right for us. We met her at Piazza San Marko where she took us through San Marco Basilica before we headed out for a private taxi tour of the many canals and districts in Venice. She was fantastic, especially with the kids and keeping their attention. Luisella was quick with a story to interest the kids in the sights they were about to see. She is from Venice and is passionate about the history and the well being of this unique city. After the boat tour, we had a walking tour of the Dosu Doro area. She brought us to the oar lock craftsman and showed us where they build the gondolas. I would have like to have her take us around for the entire time we were there. She was able to tell us stories to make the history come alive. After our tour, she suggested places we could visit for the rest of our stay there. If I am lucky enough to get back to Venice I will definetly contact Luisella for another tour.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Happy6Alberta
Salinas, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Luisella is the best (Anywhere!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We are in Venice for our 25th anniversary and my 59th birthday. Joining us is our oldest daughter and my mother in law (no worries. They leave tomorrow and we continue by ourselves to Paris). We decided early to hire a guide and booked 7.5 hours with SeeVenice.

Luisella is the best tour guide we have ever had! I highly recommend contacting her well in advance.

1 Thank Eastman85
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best way to see Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

The best way to see Venice is with our guide Luisella Romeo. We went on a walking tour with her on 21st April 2013; we started our tour at St Mark's Basilica, and jumping the very long queue, we were very quickly absorbed in her fascinating account of the history and treasures of the Basilica. We then headed off on an interesting tour of the islands, and Luisella was enthusiastic, knowledgable and had a wonderful sense of humour. She gave us a great understanding of the life, both past and present, of the Venetians, which really added to the enjoyment of our holiday. A tour with Luisella in Venice is time and money well spent, and I would highly recommend her.

1 Thank Miriam D