“Stop Looking and Book”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SeeVenice

SeeVenice
Ranked #4 of 157 Tours in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: My name's Luisella Romeo and I am a registered tourist guide in Venice. I run SeeVenice and offer private and semi-private tours in Venice and to the islands in the Venetian lagoon such as Murano, Burano and Torcello. You can also book walking tours in the city, both orientation tours and itineraries along the off-the-beaten paths. Boat tours with private watertaxi along the canals and guided tours to all museums and churches are also included as well as to temporary art exhibitions.
Canberra, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Stop Looking and Book”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were a family of five including two adults and three boys aged 13, 11 and 9 who booked a tour of the Doges Palace and the Grand Canal with Luisella. Both tours were great and Luisella was able to impart her knowledge and enthusiasm for Venice and its attractions to us and the boys. I recommend Luisella highly if you are seeking a private guide who knows and loves Venice, and enjoys imparting this to her clients.

5 Thank 14merfam

Shepparton, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An opportunity to touch and feel the history of Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife, 12 year old daughter and I spent two and a bit hours with Luisella in Early January. She met us at our hotel and her passion, warmth and depth of knowledge were immediately apparent and infectious. Luisella was able to tailor the tour according our location, time and interests and was able to answer any questions we had about any aspect of the city and its history. We chose the tour based on the recommendations on tripadvisor and it more than lived up to the promise. Thank you Luisella.

3 Thank Nicholls_Shepparton
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Venetian Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We’re a group of 4 (2 couples) travelling throughout Italy, whereby I managed to stumble across Luisella’s website whilst researching Venice.

Personally, I had been to Venice some 15 years ago, but on a tight backpacker’s budget!!! Whilst I left with some wonderful memories, I also felt cheated in the sense of not really ‘seeing’ Venice. This time round together with my husband and friends, I wanted to leave appreciating the real magic of Venice, learn some of its secrets and really see it through a local’s eyes. From the minute I emailed and contacted Luisella, she was so friendly and responsive I knew we were in good hands.

Luisella showed us the ‘behind the scenes’ Venice. We ventured away from the main streets & canals where we discovered the Jewish corner, some amazing old piazza’s, adhoc market stalls selling fish & fresh foods and the best gelati counter ever (which we managed to find on our own the next day), all the time sharing her knowledge of this amazing city.
Luisella has an amazing ability to paint Venice’s history not only in words but also in a witty, cheeky, humorous manner. The few hours we spent with Luisella are indeed memorable and her love of her native home shines through in her story telling.

We have no hesitation in recommending Luisella. My suggestion to all travellers would be to organise a walking tour with her the day you arrive. Trust me, it will make navigating around Venice that much easier during the rest of your stay. You’ll see how easy it is to side step the throngs of tourists and discover other parts of Venice in a far more quiet and relaxed tempo.
Since returning, I’ve recommended Luisella to 3 other groups of friends who have all come back with the best of memories of their time in Venice and thanking me for the ‘heads up’.

To Luisella, our time in Venice has become an absolute highlight of our trip. Sincere thanks for the wonderful experience you gave us.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Jabusi
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Exceeded all expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We are a family of five and we went on a half day tour of the Doge's palace as well as a walking tour and water taxi tour with Luisella.
Luisella was very knowledgable about the history of Venice and was able to take us to some areas of the palace you can only enter with a guide. To simply call Luisella a guide is just not doing her justice. She is a historian and an intellectual person with an exceptional ability to describe and explain the long history of Venice in a fun and easy to understand manner. Do yourself a favour and don't look any further - Luisella is the guide you are looking for!

2 Thank Matt S
Algonquin, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Way to Really See Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I hired Luisella for a half-day tour during our visit in late February. What a great experience! We were able to arrange everything via email and on short notice, a colleague recommended Luisella during a buisiness convention and Rome, and we had our tour just 4 days later! She was very accommodating when another couple we know wanted to join us. She took us to the real Venice, behind the scenes - where they make / repair gondolas, several beautiful churches that we never would have found on our own, the upscale shopping district the locals go to, and the best pastry-shop in Venice (try the chocolate filled croissants, oh my!) Luisella's knowledge was endless. We even saw some local traditions that she explained perfectly - like how college students are playfully teased upon graduation. I had been to Venice a number of years before and my wife had not, so we had Luisella focus on the real Venice, and we could do the highlights on our own. It was perfect.

Visited February 2012