“Divine B&B!”

and 1 more site!
la chicca
Ranked #108 of 471 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My sister and I stayed at La Chicca in July and we were treated to some of the best hospitality I've experienced anywhere.

Highlights:
-The room was just as beautiful as the website depicted, and the hosts were every bit as welcoming as I had read on the reviews here.
-Massimo's cappucinos at breakfast each morning were definitely the best I tried during our vacation.
-The location was secluded and quiet in convenient Accademia; very welcoming after a long day in touristy Venice.
-Impeccable cleanliness. Massimo and Sabrina clearly take great pride in their B&B.
-Food recommendations: Try the recommendations made by Sabrina and Massimo - you won't regret it!

Lowlights:
-Honestly, none.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Wonderful experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for la chicca

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We travelled in a group of 3 ladies and la chicca has a nice room to accommodate us. There is a sofa bed and two single beds. Plus we still have room to open up our luggages. There is no curfew and we are given keys to apartment and our room. Drinks in minibar is Reasonably priced considering how expensive Venice is. We took water from minibar and wasn't charged, which is a nice gesture. For 170 euro, we think its great value. Book early to avoid disappointment.

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms in this apartment so book early !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2013

For the week of my visit to Venice the B&B had no vacancy, so I opted for the apartment offered by Sabrina. Very comfortable accommodation in a Great location on Campo San Stefano in the San Marco area. Close walking distance to many wonderful sights in Venice. I will very likely return to this apartment on my next visit to Venice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We chose to stay at the flat owned by La Chicca in the San Marco area and were really happy with our choice. It was right over a small market that had all the necessary ingredients for a full meal. The flat was very clean, there were two double sized bed and a washing machine. The kitchen was small, but well equipped. The location was perfect! It was within 15 minutes walking distance to San Marco Square, it was right beside the Dell Academia bridge, and within 5 minutes walk to two vaporetto stops on two different lines. One of the stops also happens to be a Alilaguna stop, which is perfect if you are flying in or out of Venice. It is also right beside the San Vidal Church, in case you wanted to do something really touristy, such as listen to Vivaldi's Four seasons performed by Interpreti Veneziani.

Our only complaint was the temperature of the shower. It fluctuated way more than expected. In the end, I decided to take cold showers rather than risk having scalding hot water at an unexpected time. I didn't mind it as the weather was hot when we were there.

Aside from the shower, everything else was perfect and we were very happy with our stay! Sabrina was also extremely helpful since our very first interaction and I would not hesitate to book with her again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Sabrina and Massimo are the best hosts! The apartment we rented for two weeks was the best, large rooms, big kitchen and deep tub! We looked at 4-5 star hotels and they could not compare with the value of Sabrina and Massimo's apartment. Practically every evening before turning in, we would stop at the corner cafe form a night cap and people watch . A 2 minute walk, without bridges, brings you to bus boat stop and we were able to visit all of Venice from this location. I would highly recomend staying here when visiting Venice .

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We just got home from two fantastic weeks in Italy in June 2013. We began our trip at La Chicca B&B in Venice, a perfect place to start. First, Massimo and Sabrina are excellent hosts, who make you feel like family. They are both extremely welcoming, warm and helpful. Massimo made the best cappuccino that we had in all of Italy, (and we had a lot of cappuccino!). They made my daughter's 15th birthday very memorable with a special breakfast party, and Sabrina was nice enough to mail the camera battery charger that I accidentally left plugged in the wall, to me in Rome. The rooms were large very clean and well appointed with beautiful furnishings. The breakfasts were awesome with many fresh pastries, delicious juices and yogurts as well as the cappuccino! The location is great. In a nice quiet neighborhood that is a short walk to St Marks. We even joined in on the local Festa Di San Vio one evening with great food and music.
The city of Venice itself is unique, mysterious and stunning. Hopefully, we will be able to return some day and if we do, we will definitely be returning to La Chicca. Thanks very much Sabrina and Massimo for everything!

Room Tip: We had the room at the front with two big windows on the small side street. I would highly recommend...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ExplorerJude
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I wish I could give this a 10 star. Sabrina and Massimo have a charming, tastefully decorated B&B and I have to rave about the best breakfasts we had in all of our stays in Italy. Fresh pastries, yogurts to choose from, fresh juices, etc. but this is what tops it all. Massimo's cappuccino!!
MMMMM....Wish I had one now!
We had a wonderful three nights in this beautiful city and staying in the neighborhood of Dorsoduro was a ideal choice. Great restaurants and seeing locals enjoying life! Even got involved with a local church festival!
Sabrina and Massimo did everything they could to make our stay a great memory from recommending restaurants and even tips for Rome! Thanks Massimo! The Pizza we had in Rome at the restaurant you suggested was the best EVER! That is what our 16 year old grandson said.
To those who check out trip advisor? If you stay here you will be pleased like us. We LOVED our comfortable cozy room! A perfect B&B to perfect hosts in Sabrina and Massimo! We'd love to come back to Venice someday and would ONLY stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family