“Pushy sales person”

Artistic Murano Glass Gallery
Ranked #13 of 280 Shopping in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: This specialty shop is filled with hand-blown glass items and objects - both traditional and unique.
Ebensburg, PA
151 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Pushy sales person”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Honestly, I hope that I have the right place. It looks like there are multiple chioces for Murano glass factory in Venice. I don't know if I have the right one, but this is my review. We had a very nice demonstraton of how they make various glass items, and then were taken into the showrooms where very pushy and demeaning sales people pushed us to buy and scorned our taste and choices. I oiked the demo, but would not go back for the tour of the showroom, and would skip the demo if I had to go to she showroom in order to see the demo.

Demo - excellent.

Salesmen - horrible

maybe I have the wrong facility; maybe only some of the salespeople are this way. I don't know. But beware.

Visited October 2012
6 Thank Cambria5

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Well Done, but over priced ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Should be carefull to dont waste your money with Mafia Glass industry ... Hotels sell the trip to Murano to watch how they do their items but you can find small manufactures over the streets with real artists doing it in front of you, and for free ... You can take the public boat to go Murano, very easy and safe ( lines 7 and 4.1)

7 Thank Murillo V
Youngsville, Louisiana
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Beautiful hand made art work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We took the water taxi to Murano and were treated to a master blowing glass making several small items,vase,cat,mouse. We then went into the factory where the were many works displayed. From chandeliers to christmas ornaments beautiful pieces.Photos not allowed in the factory itself.
Worth the trip while in Venice.

Visited August 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

The amazing art exhibits done from glass made us speechless.
i can not describe how beautiful it is (such as a drop from a tap which contained a small fish)
When you go to Venice, do yourselves a favor and take the water bus to Murano island. The stores there and the gallery will give you a different perspective to art.

Visited August 2012
Glasgow
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We went over to Murano on the water bus - it's included as a part of the water bus ticket and so no need to purchase an excursion. I love murano jewellery and was not let down. We wandered into this shop which has the workshop at the rear. We were able to view pieces being made which was excellent. At the end we resisted the urge to purcahse as it was quite expensive. However I dd end up buying some jewellery fromanother store which was slightly cheaper.
Murano itself was a contrast to the hustle and bustle of Venice.

Visited July 2012