“Fun and totally worth it”
Review of Harry's Bar

Harry's Bar
Ranked #52 of 76 Nightlife in Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1929, this has been a popular watering hole and elegant eatery for writers, artists, celebrities and aristocrats.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We totally enjoyed our experience at Harry's. We got a seat at the bar and really enjoyed talking to our bartender Marco who had a ton of great stories and shared some great history stories. The vibe in the room is old school and Hemingway would sit in the back right corner back in the day. The bar and staff are super efficient and they take care of the customers. Staff was really friendly and the dress code is enforced. Guys in shorts are turned away at the door. We drank our share of Bellinis and really had a good time.

3  Thank chrismodesto
Write a ReviewReviews (2,329)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friends and I went to Harry's Bar to try their world famous Bellinis. It was pricey but worth it. They gave us a small complimentary hot appetizer and olives, and we all had Bellinis. They truly are the best Bellinis in the world - great tasting and refreshing, but then again, what else would you expect from the place that invented the Bellini! When in Venice, stop by an try one.

3  Thank LuvLuvLuv2Travel
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My mum invited me to Venice for my successfully finished Bachelor-Degree. We always love to travel in a luxury way and are defiantly willing to pay a lot - if it's worth it!
But Harry's Bar is NOT worth it. The Bellini though is excellent and let's face it: 20€ is ok for the place where it was originally created.
BUT the food... I'm speechless. Carpaccio (small) about 45€ normal size about 67€, zucchini soup about 27€, piece of cake about 35€. Do I have to say more?! It would have made a difference if they would have created an extraordinary evening but truth is: a trattoria around the corner is much better.
Thanks for the Bellini - it was an experience but please think about the real value of food and prices.

1  Thank ilovetotravel1991
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Had to go just to say we were there! Bellini didn't have much alcohol in it and it was pricey but the service was top notch. Don't wear shorts as they were turning away people wearing them. Bathroom was interesting and clean. Air conditioning was nice.

2  Thank educatedtravels
See more reviews
Reviewed July 16, 2013

€16.50 for a Bellini was stiff but no suprise. The waiter was charming and attentive and clearly enjoyed telling customers the history of Harry's. I asked about the type of peach they use and he ran off and came back with the large sieve they use to make the peach purée and explained the process. It is expensive but it is an experience and Hitchcock used to drink there! It's no real hardship to be refused in shorts and sandals is it? I for one am quite pleased about that!!

1  Thank JustBristol