Tripadvisor
Venice
3,004 results
All reviews grand canal casa nova breakfast terrace water taxi superior suite five star hotel concierge staff gondola station perfect location beautiful hotel san marco square the main hotel old world sister hotel st marks square private boat rooftop bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I spent a week at this hotel. I then flew from Venice to Vienna to stay @ my go to Hotel Sacher. All I could talk about when I arrived was how brilliant their current General Manager is. I had the pleasure of meeting a very active, charming and I suspect one of the best in the game. Hard game! It was a perfect stay. I was acknowledged... looked after like a Queen. Beautiful, comfortable room. The staff you won’t fault. Position perfect. Breakfast generous. Room service... 15 euros for delivery... no, no, no. Having stayed in Venice many a time. Bauer Hotel... you have won me! Special thanks to Marco... Concierge... exceptional, you were the icing on the cake! Paulo... Concierge... I drove you mad but you send me to the best restaurant of the stay. Grazie! Five star plus. If you can get in... do it!

Trip type: Traveled solo
BauerPalazzo, Guest Relations at Bauer Palazzo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ann G,

We wish to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Bauer Palazzo and for your heartfelt and detailed feedback. We are extremely proud to be your home away from home in Venice.

We are delighted to read that you loved every single detail of your experience and our entire Team is truly looking forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your future trips.

Greta Bonaventura
Guest Relations

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend in January, what a great time to come bright sunny days and crisp and cold with no crowds of summer. We arrived by water taxi from the airport, the only way to do it surely,check in was seamless and the two rooms we had were both lovely we took my mother in law. The rooms both had great views and the staff at breakfast were very attentive and professional. Breakfast was lovely. Great position to explore venice. Highly recommended.

Trip type: Traveled with family
BauerPalazzo, Responsabile reception at Bauer Palazzo, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear X4543GUchrisb,

We would like to thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at the Bauer Palazzo.

We are truly pleased to read that you completely enjoyed your stay in every single detail and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our property on the occasion of your next stay in Venice, to revive the same charming and timeless experience.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

I've just returned from Venice, & had stayed 3 nights at the Bauer Palazzo. My room was huge with 3 large windows looking towards St Mark's Square. It was an unforgettable treat to open the shutters & draw back the curtains to watch the sun slowly rise over the lagoon.
Practicalities: My bedroom and bathroom were huge, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. No tea/coffee making facilities, & the room safe was operated by a key, not an electonic code. Plenty of hangars and draw space, & re-charging points (2 pin) for phone/kindle. Big fluffy dressing gown & slippers, hairdryer but no make up mirror.
Breakfast was ample, with hot & cold choices, as well as a large range of different breads and pastries. The over cooked bacon was a bit like eating very thin shoe leather, but the scrambled eggs were rich and creamy.
Staff: Without exception they were all delightful and completely professional. The concierge's were all very helpful when helping me plan a walking route for the day. They also provided a free water taxi to & from a glass factory in Murano.
Information Points:
The nearest vaporetto stop is San Marco Vallaresso, and NOT San Marco.
Currently the Gallery of Modern Art (Ca'Pesaro) is closed for restoration, and no date has been set for reopening.

Date of stay: January 2020
BauerPalazzo, Responsabile reception at Bauer Palazzo, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2020

Dear mcpinder,

We would like to thank you for your kind and extensive feedback regarding your stay at the Bauer Palazzo.

We couldn't be more delighted to read that you were completely satisfied of all the different aspects of your experience, including our attentive service, and that you truly appreciated the Concierge Team.

Your feedback has been shared with our Team Members and your lovely words are a real credit for all of us.

Our Team is truly looking forward to welcoming you back to Venice in the next future.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

We (me and my girlfriend) stayed at the Bauer from Dec/31 to Jan/4. The hotel was impressive and in the hear of San Marco. Here is my review:

Check in: Excellent - Fast and with a really nice staff. The hotel employee explained to us the hotel facilities and services.

Room: Really nice room and relatively big (especially for venice standards). The cleaning services were awesome and we could count with an in0bed breakfast without extra-charge. The bathroom was really clean and new, but it could be bigger. Since I'm really tall (+190 cm), the shower and the tub were not adequate to me.

Hotel: The hotel in beautiful and fulfilled with art objects. The bar was probably the best in the hotel - really close to the grand canal, with and incredible view and an amaizing wine menu.

Breakfast: Excellent breakfast with a lot of options and excellent ingredients

Check Out: Really fast and precise

Location: Excellent (no more than 200 m from st. Marks square) - probably one of the best points of this hotel.

With all that said (and considering that we loved our stay at the Bauer), I must say that the hotel is not cheap... we paid ~USD 500/ night for our room and the bar prices are not low. Price for offer might be a little issue here, but I would definitely stay again at the Bauer

Date of stay: January 2020
BauerPalazzo, Responsabile reception at Bauer Palazzo, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2020

Dear R4717MXpedrop,

We couldn't be more delighted to read that you were completely satisfied of all the different aspects of your experience, including our attentive service, and that you truly appreciated the enchanting view from our Bar Canale

Our Team is truly looking forward to welcoming you back to Venice in the next future and we take the occasion to wish you all the best the Year 2020!

Reviewed December 31, 2019 via mobile

For our 20 year wedding anniversary, I had carefully selected the Bauer. One of the best locations just nearby the San Marco place.

We have picked the Junior Suite with Great Canale View. A magical room with lovely red tapestry on the walls, a canopied bed and a breathtaking view directly on the Dogana!

The champagne was waiting for us in the room.

We would like to thank the Concierge Team and especially Roberto and Marco.

Yes, this hotel is a Palazzo and deserves its rank. This is really one of the best we have experienced . And gives you a unique entry door to Venice’s magic.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BauerPalazzo, Responsabile reception at Bauer Palazzo, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2020

Dear Laurentm553,

We couldn't be more delighted to read that you were completely satisfied of all the different aspects of your experience, including our attentive service, and that you truly appreciated the enchanting view from our Concierge Department.