1,021 results
All reviews orient express cip's club george clooney olympic size private boat overlooking the lagoon hotel boat st marks a short boat ride main restaurant giudecca island st mark's square water taxi boat service concierge staff the hustle and bustle main island
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed at two of the other well known Venice hotels however nothing compares to the Cipriani.

Even when it was looking a little worn and shabby some years ago (totally not the case now) it had a charm and unique atmosphere which was unsurpassable.

Cip’s restaurant is a delight, in fact we so enjoyed it last night we are going back again tonight. The walk to Cip’s through the gardens and hotel’s farm is always lovely. The entire property is a joy to behold.

I particularly recommend Suite 209 on the second floor which is absolutely perfect in every way. The Cipriani has never been better.

Belmond has been our favourite hotel group for some time and LVM become involved with the perfect selection of hotels and trains. A brilliantly managed property on every level. I’m already looking forward to our return visit and a longer stay

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
jumps63, General Manager at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear BarryAscot,

First of all, it was a pleasure to have you as a guest.
I would like to thank you very much for your extensive review based on your personal experience at the Belmond Hotel Cipriani and also for sharing it with the Tripadvisor readers.
It is a delight to read how much you enjoyed your stay, your suite and also the Cip's Club.

In this respect, I have shared your gratifying words with everyone who helped make your stay so pleasant.

Together with my collaborators, we all very much look forward to the pleasure of your future visit.

With my best personal regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It is a rare treat when a hotel takes care of you like family. And this hotel just does that. In addition to the awesome facilities and great food and peace that this place has to offer, it is the hotel staff members who truly stand out and make this hotel feel like home. Thanks to the people who cleaned our room with the nice little souvenirs, the great staff at the pool who always made sure I had a towel, and the restaurants Cip’s Club, Oro, and Gabbiano Bar with their attentive, knowledgeable and welcoming staff, and also the people at breakfast (Tina, Alessandra, and others) who made sure we had our fill, Tommaso for helpful information about events around the city, Giulio for enthusiastically taking care of our bags on our last day, Giovanni for helpful information about the hotel, Alessandro for arranging taxi transportation on our last day, and Roberto for making sure we got our taxis. Grazie di cuore a tutti per una ottima permanenza. Non vedo l’ora di tornare.

Trip type: Traveled with family
jumps63, General Manager at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 280larryi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed review of the Belmond Hotel Cipriani.
It is a delight to read how much you enjoyed, our facilities, the food and the service our colleagues were able to provide you with and also I am happy to learn that our collaborators took care of you like family.
Those are the most rewarding comments that we could receive and for this reason I am sharing them with the entire team.
Thank you so much again for staying at our 'Home Away from Home' and I very much look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

With my best personal regards.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at the Belmond Cipriani to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, and it will stay as a wonderful memory for ever. Everything with this hotel is amazing, from our arrival, to the breakfast in our suite, to the beautiful hotel itself, and not to mention the great service. Our stay was made extra special thanks to Irene and Andrea.
The Gabbiano Bar with the legend Walter is something like out of a movie, and the boat ride from Piazza San Marco is beautiful at any time of the day.
We also travelled with our little dog, Ice, who was treated like a royal prince. Thank you for making our anniversary perfect.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear arwen_coke,

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at the Belmond Hotel Cipriani on the special occasion of your 10th wedding anniversary and also for taking the time to review your visit.
It is a delighted to learn that your stay was flawless and that you enjoyed it since the moment you stepped into our property.
I will ensure both our team members mentioned, Irene, Andrea and Walter receive a special thanks.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, together with Ice, of course!

Reviewed September 6, 2019

Superior service in a legendary hotel. Amazing staff and attention to your needs.

Location is a beautiful get away - just a short boat ride from Venice. Do not be discouraged by it if you have not stayed here before - it is no inconvenience.

Room in our experience was not up to the standard we anticipated and perhaps parts of the hotel need some refreshing - some of this is personal taste and some of this is the hard work all hotels have to constantly undertake in order to stay relevant. However, as regular travellers, we felt Cipriani is further behind the average on the curve.

Other factors compensate for this. Cip’s and Oro were great and we enjoyed Walter’s company at the bar!

We look forward to seeing the impact of LVMH’s acquisition over the next years —- but NOT on the staff or the service who absolutely must not be changed as they were truly wonderful!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
jumps63, General Manager at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Dear Andrewingeneva,

It is a delight to read how much you enjoyed the service our collaborators were able to provide you and I will ensure that our team are aware of your beautiful words of appreciation for them.

I deeply value our guest's feedback, which allow us to improve our property and I would like to assure you that your comments concerning the improvements and refreshing that you suggest in our hotel will be discussed in the appropriate forum.

Thanking you once again, I send you my best personal regards and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our 'legendary hotel'.

Belmond Hotel Cipirani

Reviewed September 6, 2019

Escape from the crowds to a serene deluxe hotel . Have a wonderful Bellini at the bar and enjoy the scene. Walk around the gardens and marvel at the beauty and peace and quiet.
Visit the stores which are terrific, enjoy lunch by the lagoon and make sure to introduce yourself to Roberto.

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
jumps63, General Manager at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2019

Dear rostrow,

It was a true pleasure to have you as a guest and I thank you very much for taking the time to share your beautiful comments and suggestions.
Together with my staff, and Roberto, of course, we all very much look forward to the pleasure of your next visit to 'Heaven on earth in Venice'.