“A special place”

Belmond Hotel Cipriani
Ranked #27 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A beautiful oasis and everything I expect from a luxury hotel. It is one of the worlds iconic hotels. Not only is it a retreat from the crowds in Venice, it is a place that I could stay at in itself. Service is both refined and impeccable and also very gracious--this itself is an art. I hope to return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
jumpsvenezia, Direttore generale at Belmond Hotel Cipriani, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Guests,

I really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Cipriani. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I look forward to serving you our "art" in the future.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

All round excellence. We booked a half board option and expected to have a set menu given to us but (apart from the wine) you can eat everything on offer. Everything is as you would expect from such an expensive hotel. Great breakfast which we took in our room. The ferry runs 24 hours a day so you can pop backwards and forwards to St Mark's Square as much as you want.

Room Tip: take a room overlooking the lagoon

Dear Guests,

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I look forward to serving you in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We booked the hotel with a short notice and ended up paying a very high price for the room. The hotel is nice, but at this price range I would expect I to be perfect at every detail. I just feel something was missing and here and there the hotel seemed a bit run down. I loved the small pampering the most: breakfast served to the room (complimentary service!), a massage at the spa and the attentive staff. The hotel location on it’s own island is very peaceful and the ferry ride is actually quite enjoyable. Strongly recommended for elderly couples, but young crowd might enjoy a more central location more.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Cipriani. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

A big renovation project of the Hotel is started 5 years ago and is stil in process. I am sure you will have the opporunity to see many changes during your next visit to us.

The hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I look forward to serving you in the future with a alwyas more beautiful Property and enjoyable facilities....

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is my favourite hotel ever. It's absolutely wonderful. I love Venice, have been 3 times now. Twice we have stayed at the Cipriani.

It's just the most incredibly luxurious hotel BUT it also feels welcoming at the same time. The staff are incredibly helpful and cannot do enough for you.

The pool outside is amazing. The hotel restaurants are great, we were lucky enough to eat in all of them.

The feeling in the back of their boat from the transfer to/from St Mark's Square cannot be replicated - you feel like you are on the top of the world.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

I really appreciate your comments regarding your second stay with us at the Hotel Cipriani. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with my team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. The hotel continuously strives to meet your needs and expectation in order to remain, for you, on the "top of the world"...

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Venice is wonderful enough! But the Hotel Cipriani is a stand alone experience. It is physically beautiful in it's gracious way and the property is gorgeous. The pool is the best I have ever been in and the staff is better than anywhere. They are wonderfully trained in their fields but they are also caring and energetic. It is a delight from start to finish. Expensive! But you receive a lot for the expense. G

Reviewed September 17, 2013

What can be said about the Hotel Cipriani that hasn't already been said? Incredible accommodations (we stayed in Palazzo Vendramin, Suite 71) with a picture perfect view of the Grand Canal, San Marco, and the Doge's Palace. Courteous, delightful staff at every position - front desk, concierge, housekeeping, everyone. Food? Absolutely top notch. Exquisite gardens, extraordinary pool. They made arrangements for what turned out to be the very best vacation day I have ever had - we hired a private water taxi that took us through Venice and pointed out every single building and location of any note, stopped at the Rialto Market and strolled through the fish market, went to Murano (where a "personal shopper" met us for a tour of the glass blowing furnace area, followed by the shop itself), lunch on Torchello at Locando Cipriani (related to the Harry's Bar people, not the hotel), then onto Burano for an up-close opportunity to see handmade lace being created by some masters of the craft. And our transportation in the water taxi was probably the most fun of all. All as a direct result of the Cipriani - they know who to call, they know who will do a great job. Love the Cipriani.

Room Tip: Suite 71 in the Vendramin is excellent. Very large, marble floors, living room with dining area, se...
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed for four nights in a superior lagoon view suite with balcony.The welcome when we arrived was just right, efficient and friendly with the right amount of information re room,breakfast times,pool location etc.Alessandra showed us to our beautiful room and explained the features in such a friendly and courteous manner that we had a good feeling from the first day that we would enjoy this break.Every member of staff was polite and very efficient,nothing was too much trouble.We ate and drank good food and wine in both restaurants though the CIP was a little disorganised bringing us the wrong wine then first course, the service not as slick as the main restaurant but the food just as good. It was an oasis of calm after hectic days in venice with the masses of tourists . Very comfortable beds,nice special touches make all the difference.Expensive but I would rather spend a few days here than a week in a mediocre hotel,we will return as predicted by Roberto the concierge in charge of the water transport, another great character!!