“The BEST of Venice!”

Belmond Hotel Cipriani
Ranked #32 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I spent three lovely days At Cipriani this Spring and loved every moment of it. Venice is exquisite in May as are the gardens and landscaping of this historic palace. My suite had old world charm and the service was true "old guard" Italian! i loved every second of this stay and the three minute water taxi ride to St. Marks Square was never a bore watching the myraid of boats and cruise ships coming and going..
The Cipriani is a respite in Venice from the crowds and noise. It was wonderful to sit on my patio having coffee in the mrining overlooking the gardens and Grand Canal of Venice.
The service staff are extremely professional, kind, and go out of their way to make all guests feel welcome! I cannot wait to return and it was worth every penny...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tombakercruises
There are newer reviews for Belmond Hotel Cipriani

Reviewed January 3, 2013

How can I describe perfection? The Cipriani is an unforgettable experience we will long to repeat, extraordinary place. The care to the smallest details is hard to match.
The place to be spoilt. I recommend the amazing pool grill as well as the restaurant overlooking sunset kber Venice. Perfection.

Room Tip: All rooms are, I believe, exceptional, but the ones overlooking the lagoon are unbelievable.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MDEMoraes
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here for three nights in mid September. We were upgraded to a refurbished Junior Suite on the first floor of the main building. Our room was very close to the hotel entrance where the boats dock. It had a private patio with very dense and tall landscaping. The room had a nice multi-speaker stereo system with an iPod dock. The bathroom was beautiful and the tub had a neck cushion for added comfort. The toilet was too close to the wall and it was hard to fit on it. There was a pop up TV at the head of the bed if you like this type of thing. The couch and chairs looked nice but weren't comfortable. The bed sheets were very starchy also and not comfortable. The service overall was excellent. The two restaurants served great food which was included in the price of the room. We enjoyed Cuban cigars at the pool bar. The views from Cip's Club restaurant of the Lagoon and Venice were worth the price of admission. I especially liked being on an island away from the hordes of tourists invading downtown Venice. Venice today is like a outdoor designer shopping mall. I think this degrades the experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here in October 2012. Made a reservation for a lagoon view junior suite and was upgraded to a full suite on arrival. Room was nice, fairly large with a double balcony, and a separate bedroom. Nice bathroom amenities and free wi-fi was a plus. There is a do not disturb switch at the bedside which glows a bright red when switched on, which is not conducive to sleeping. The room and hotel itself was a bit dated and could certainly use a fresh coat of paint. Certainly, swapping out the CD players for iPod docks is recommended. However, the people who stay here are old and so is the money. You won't see a lot of young people here except for the odd trust fund kid with his millionaire parents. The privacy and exclusivity demanded by the aforementioned guests can be found here. The boat transfers to the main island were quick and efficient although they should be more clear about how to call for a return boat. Someone needs to mind the business centre as the printers there were never working during my stay. Housekeeping was meticulous and turn down was always completed while we were at dinner. Service as well was exceptional although I would suggest adding food and drink service poolside. Both Fortuny and Cip's Place were excellent for both service and food. The servers at Fortuny were great during the dinner rush when the restaurant fills up as soon as it is open. Overall, I'm happy to have stayed here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank zoltrix56
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I consider myself a somewhat jaded traveller and have stayed at numerous hotels over the years. However,the Hotel Cipriani still managed to impress and I regard it as one of my all time favourite. The location itself, on the waterfront across the Giudecca Canal from St Mark's Square and with views of the neighbouring island of San Giorgio Maggiore is pretty hard to beat. It even has its own complimentary motor launch to St Mark's Square operating every 15 minutes. The staff members are attentive and helpful. I am not easily impressed but this property is beautiful and its gardens are magical. Yes, it is expensive but in my view, it perfectly captures the romance and fantasy that is Venice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and water views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank EricPerth_Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here in early October 2012 for four nights. First impressions upon arrival on the water taxi was beautiful! We were greeted and escorted to reception as if we were film stars! As Kim Kardashian was there the same time as us perhaps they thought I was her!!! Our room was smaller than expected but elegantly decorated. The bed however was very firm and we requested a king bed but actually had two singles pushed together! We dined in both restaurants and the food was delicious but a little pricey. Service excellent, all staff very helpful. The private water taxi was brilliant, very frequent and only took 5 mins to get to St Marks. Concierge arranged a private boat to take us to Burano, they even payed cash for us and charged it to our room. They also organised a personal our guide for a morning too. They recommended restaurants outside of the hotel and made bookings on our behalf. Very helpful! Pool was fab and very warm. Highly recommend and can't wait to go back. Spa great and best breakfast ever!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Wonderwom8n
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I realize that Euro hotels are different than USA luxury hotels. I went to Hotel Cipriani with such high hopes. I was very disappointed. I did not know I had to shuttle back and forth to get to Venice. Not hard but inconvenient . The hotel lobby was so plain in comparison to other Luxury Hotels in Venice. I knew I was in trouble the moment we entered. Very cold atmosphere, and the rooms followed that path.
No carpeting was the first sign, that makes for a very cold and uninviting room, the bed was old style, very hard not comfortable. The pillows were very nice. It's only the first day of November and they had the heat cranked up you would have thought it was freezing outside and it was not.
The bathroom was the only saving's grace as it was very nice with great towels and big US style shower.
The hotel did include free wifi which I did appreciate and the complementary breakfast was very good and fresh.
The expense of this property however outweighed the few amenities that I enjoyed, It's so over-rated and under performing, you can do much better in Venice at a much lower price with GREAT locations!
If you are rock star and you require complete isolation or you just want privacy then Hotel Cipriani might appeal to you, otherwise I feel like you may be unhappy with this hotel.
I would not recommend or return to this property.

Room Tip: investigate every aspect of your stay and do the research prior to booking, a good deal on a place y...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends