Belmond Hotel Cipriani
  • Restaurant
Arlecchino Hotel(Venice)(Great Value!)
$188
$175
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$374
  • Restaurant
$810
Londra Palace
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsorient expresscip's clubgeorge clooneylagoon view suiteprivate boatst markshotel boatvenice film festivalmain restaurantminute boat ridefour seasonsst mark's squarewater taxiboat servicegiudecca islandconcierge staffelegant hotel
Reviewed September 24, 2011

A fabulous stay. Everything was right about this hotel (but be warned, it is expensive, but still good value). Gorgeous location, delicious food, excellent friendly service throughout. The management is top notch, personal and utterly professional. Exceeded our expectations (as well as our budget, but absolutely worth it!)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carotravel1
Reviewed September 23, 2011

A lovely hotel in a beautiful position.
The friendly, efficient and smiling staff could not have been more helpful.
The setting is gorgeous with the best/biggest outside swimming pool imaginable.
But what a shame that the Orient Express group has let the furnishing and and hotel interior become faded.
A large stained/marked mirror in our bathroom.
Braid hanging off the bedside light.
Worn lounge chairs on the outside terrace.
Thin, cheap white bath towels.
And yet beautiful bath accessories by Bvlgari and crisp white sheets changed daily.
And everything was very clean - as it should be.
But why did they give us NEW bath slippers every day - where do the old ones go?
For the 3 nights we were there one pair would have been perfectly adequate.
Breakfast was great, with an enormous selection.
The main restaurant food and service were good.
The snack bar by the pool was good - but
CIPS restaurant served us absolutely disgusting food which was definitely not cooked by a chef. (Clam soup was a bowl of clams covered with a tin of tomatoes.
Braised liver was half a plate of grey chopped up liver with half a plate of congealed polenta).
The Orient Express is fortunate to have the best positioned hotel in Venice - the boat trip to and from the main part of Venice absolutely makes the holiday more enjoyable.
This hotel used to be magnificent, so why have they let things slip? It 's a great shame and inexcusable and clearly due to bad management.
However, the Cipriani is still a lovely place to stay. Tranquil, charming and elegant but very slightly faded.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I am happiest when I am on the water, so Venice is my kind of town and I was in my element the two or four times we would hop on the hotel's private water taxi to cross the Guidecca Canal straight out from San Marco.
The Hotel Cipriani is simply the best. I've also stayed at the Danieli and can now confidently say "Danieli, you have been bested!". I doubt the Cip could have been much better in an aspect. I could go into detail, but it would be a very boring review with so many superlatives.
Biggest surprise: You can use the pool 24 hours! Midnight swim, anyone?

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I have been staying in this wonderful hotel for a couple of days and although the high season in Venice, the relaxing atmosphere and the gentleness of the staff made me feel the unique client at the hotel! That is the word: I felt UNIQUE! But The real luxury was meeting Laura DiBert, Public Relations Manager of the hotel. She suggested us only local tips,(that we carefully followed), she dedicated to us attention and professionalism that in no place in the world I could find, not even in Mandarin Oriental, where we normally stay! She was able to recreate romantic situations for me and my husband (surprising us almost every day) and at the same time make my children at the Kids Club the happiest in the world. The entire family did not want to leave the Cipriani, our new discovered treasure. And we are sure now that we will come back because real luxury is Laura and all the amazing staff! I suggest the Cipriani for romantic break or for a family holiday. In both cases it exceeds the expectations.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed as part of a package after a trip on the Orient Express and therefore had a much lower rate for our stay. This made it excellent value. The rooms, the location and the staff were all very good. The breakfast was aslo very good.

The only slight downer is that the food in the cips Club is good but not as good a standard as I would expect for the price compared to other restaurants in Venice.

Room Tip: The rooms are very large a spacious
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple