“Splendid hotel, excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #66 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Boston, MA
“Splendid hotel, excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The staircase of the hotel is the most beautiful hotel staircase I ever seen! The hotel staircase and lobby area are luxurious! The location is the best, few steps from the water bus station and few steps from St. Mark's Square. As a photo enthusiast, the hotel is excellent for photos! We enjoyed our stay and also were able to take night photos of St. Mark's Square due to the hotel's location. I would give it a 5 star except for the bathroom was a little bit dated. Overall, a very romantic Venetian hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank xiaotianshi
ExecutiveOffice72, Manager at Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear xiaotianshi,
Thank you for your review of the Hotel Danieli. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay; I will personally pass on your nice comments to our staff.
I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bridgeport, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I will always remember this lovely hotel in Venice, Italy. My stay there was the highlight of my vacation. The lobby of this hotel is stunning and the Murano Glass chandeliers are beautiful. The room and bathroom were clean and lovely. The breakfast buffet at the rooftop restaurant was the best food we had in Venice. The service was superior and the staff was very friendly. The view of the Grand Canal while we had breakfast every morning was just breathless. The location was perfect. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Macy P
Bethlahem
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I walked up to a beautiful building along the waterfront. We entered the lobby thru double person revolving doors. Inside, It is total old world Italian charm. Well dressed employees, stunning decor, opulent surroundings, stunning blown glass chandeliers. Clean, friendly, absolute loveliness. Thumbs up..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed at the Danieli and it is the perfect location, but extremely expensive, more so a room with a view of the Grad Canal. we had a room in the rear of he hotel It had the worse view of any place you would want to be

Room Tip: A room in the front if you can afford i.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharonite
ExecutiveOffice72, Manager at Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Sharonite,
Thank you for your review, whilst I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the service provided by the team, I was very disappointed to read of you experiences in your room regarding the position. I hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon,
Best regards,

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I really have very few complaints about the Danieli. The hotel is a beautiful historic property in a terrific location. The rooms are nice although mine was a little small. My only complaints are that the service was a little stuffy and they make you check your key in at the concierge desk before leaving. They give you a cute old tasseled key but it is a waste of time to wait every time you come and go.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank trvlNstyle
Dear trvlNstyle,
Thank you for posting your review of the Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I regret your wasting time every time you had to leave the room key to the concierge, but security reasons oblige us to follow this procedure.I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.best regards,
Royersford, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is an absolutely stunningly beautiful hotel with an equally amazing location in Venice. From the Murano glass chandeliers to the classic decor this hotel is perfect for a romantic stay. The buffet breakfast on the rooftop is delicious and has a wide variety of foods along with the million dollar view of the Grand Canal.

It's location cannot be topped. Close to San Marco square, the Bridge of Sighs and at least a million restaurants. Their service is as top notch as the surroundings. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RofoBeth,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I certainly hope that your future travels to Venice will bring you back to the Hotel Danieli.
Best regards
Stanmore, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

22nd July 2013
In January of this year I booked the Terrace Restaurant for my 60th Birthday celebration in Venice with 4 friend’s who were my guests and my wife on Friday 12July.

Having stayed in the hotel and having been to the restaurant some 10 years ago I cannot tell you how disappointed we were with the service and the food: it was terrible, bordering on disgraceful.

We first visited the ground floor Bar where my guests arrived first and had ordered and received drinks but my wife and I waited 10mins until eventually I walked up to the Bar and placed an order. Equally to pay I went to the Bar because there was no one looking or offering customer service and we were close by in the Bar area.
We went to the 4th floor restaurant via the stairs because both lifts were broken where we were less than professionally greeted and shown to our spectacular table and from here on in it went very badly downhill. It took 40mins to get a bottle of wine on the table. Our first course was described by two of my guests that had the risotto as bland and the remaining food was very disappointing. Lamb ordered medium-rare was medium and the medium Lamb was over cooked to medium well.
I can only describe the waiters as less than attentive and they behaved like they had been there too long and were too comfortable. Customer service was very poor but customer care: nonexistent.
The total bill was 973 Euros made up of 113 Euros in the Bar for 6 drinks and 860 Euros in the restaurant. We did not spend more because we were put off by the service and quality otherwise we would have done. We left by the stairs as the lifts were still out of order very disappointed and upset as my 60th Birthday Party had been terrible experience and a letdown.

Room Tip: A terrible place over priced and terrible service. Staff just don't care
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
35 Thank Dale M
Dear Dale M,
Thank you for posting your comments on the TripAdvisor following your visit to the Hotel. Your experience does not align with the high standard of service we strive to deliver to all our guests and for this I sincerely apologise. I would be very appreciative if you would contact me directly with any further details so that I may investigate these matters with the relevant heads of department. Best regards,