Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel
$275
$221
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$370
Arlecchino Hotel(Venice)(Great Value!)
$171
$161
3,346 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantbeautiful hotelgrand canalconcierge desklobby barbeautiful lobbya lagoon view roomdoge's palacewater taxiold worldmurano glass chandelierstop floorbridge of sighsmain buildingmark's squarevisit venicest marks
Reviewed July 8, 2013

How much money do you you want to pay for a smallish room with no view and enjoy the company of really bad tour groups? How much money do you want to pay for a room that includes breakfast with the attending tour groups jockeying/fighting for position in front of the crowded buffet? How much money do you want to pay for a room in a hotel with a lovely roof top restaurant where you get to wait for two hours for your meal and hear only from the waiter,"Relax, it's a nice evening.' How much money do you want to pay for a room in a hotel with kids racing through the lobby and fighting each other to get out the door?

I don't know how much you want to pay for all that pleasure, but I personally will never pay for it again - I would certainly never return to the Danieli.

What a pity for one of the - once - great hotels of Venice to succumb to the lure of lucre and sell out to the very worst of tour groups. What a rip-off to pay enormous prices to look at a wall and an air-conditioning vent (at least I think that is what it was).

What a pity to pay for incredibly bad service in a very expensive restaurant that tops a hotel where the reigning slogan must be, 'Who cares, they won't be coming back.'

If you are going to pay these prices, then pick a much better hotel in Venice that offers nicer rooms, better food, better service, and no tour groups. Amateurish all the way.

Oh, yes the location is good, but so is the location of a lot of other hotels in this incredible city.

Room Tip: Well, mine was miserable - if you must stay here, then bite the bullet and pay for a lagoon view room or a room on the highest floor. Otherwise your room will be dark, cramped and depressing at a great cost. I tried to rationalize my room by likening it to a James Turrell, if I looked out and up, twisting my neck to do so, I could see a bit of sky space.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank William B
ExecutiveOffice72, Manager at Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Constant_traveller45,
Thank you for choosing to stay and the Hotel Danieli and for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor as we do value feedback from our guests, even if negative, as this ensures we grow and evolve the quality level. We sincerely apologize for your negative experience at our hotel and we can assure you your review will not pass by without notice. Please be assured that the incidents experienced are well below our usual standards and our Management will be passing on your notes to the team and discuss the reasons behind all those inconveniences. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Hotel Danieli in order to revise your feelings on our property and service. Best regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Terriblely old rooms. Not redone since it was built 150 years ago. Very expensive.
We were charges 670 Euro for a dungeon with hardly any window. They should reduce their rates to 250 Euro for make it worth while for a poor sole to go there out of desperation.
Don't pay their 670 Euro per night. You will kick yourself.
They don't honor American Express upgrade , no $100 payments towards restaurant or spa.
The only thing good is their balcony overlooking the river

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yoel N

Dear Yoel N,
Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Danieli..
May I offer my sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction with your recent experience with the room of the property. We always strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable time at the Hotel and I was of course very disappointed to see that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
Please feel free to contact my office directly and I will be pleased to assist you.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Upon arrival we were blown away by how beautiful this hotel is. Pure Venetian. The room was very comfortable and our view of the Grand Canal made it even more enjoyable. Breakfast at the terrace restaurant was very nice and the view could not be beat. Staff at the hotel was always nice and helpful.

reason 4 stars instead of 5 is based on the wifi. Hotel as this price level should not be charging guests for wifi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mitchy1530
ExecutiveOffice72, Manager at Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear mitchy1530.
Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The thing I will remember about this hotel~~~I've arrived at the door of Hotels by: car, taxi, bus,and in Africa by jeep but this was the first time I pulled up to the lobby door in a BOAT
About the hotel~The GOOD and The BAD
The Good Part- rooftop restaurant was fantastic. We ate breakfast there every morning. Sunday Brunch was great but be advised the price increases tremendously $$$$ for Sunday Brunch. The location was perfect-we enjoyed watching the water taxis and the boats bringing in the goods for the local businesses of Venice. The lobby is elegant and they have music ensembles playing often. The hotel room size is smaller than USA standards but we found this room to be OK in that it wasn't too cramped. The bathroom was exquisite. Marble floors, walls, sink and a large tub and shower. Best part- TOWEL WARMER.
If you don't stay at this hotel---be sure to have a meal at their rooftop restaurant-Breakfast Bar is best!
And Now---the bad part. We took my 82 yr old Mother on her first trip to Italy (traveling to multiple cities) I didn't have specific hotels that I "had" to stay at except this one! My friend stayed there and I wanted to take her recommendations. When I made the reservations I booked a room with the view of the water (after all, if your hotel is on the water, you want to "See" the water.) The room they gave us looked into the ALLEY. Yes we paid BIG BUCKS to see the alley.

Room Tip: Request a room on the front in the center of the hotel BUT be prepared that you won't get the room you request. The rooms on the alley are noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ExecutiveOffice72, Manager at Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear MomLimoABROAD,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay at The Hotel Danieli in Venice. I hope your pleasant experience thereafter will encourage you to return in the future, and I would be more than happy to make arrangements for you should you require accommodation in Venice.
Warm regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The perfect hotel for experiencing the history and atmosphere of Venice. Location is the very best! Breakfast on the terrace restaurant is worth the view every morning over your coffee. the price tab is hefty especially if you consider the tv broke twice and one morning we were without hot water for 30 minutes. These problems were remedied immediately. Like with many high end hotels, all of the extras cost extra. It was insulting that Internet access was 6€ per hour. For this experience in Venice I dont think you could do better. We felt the price was worthwhile for a several night stay in Venice.

• Stayed: June 2013
ExecutiveOffice72, Manager at Hotel Danieli, A Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Trazona,
First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service during your stay with us. Please be advised that I have addressed your feedback with the relevant departmental managers to ensure that our service is delivered in a professional manner.
On the other hand I am happy that you liked the location and the character of the hotel.I hope we see you at The Hotel Danieli on your next visit to Venice.