“Two Days Not Enough!”

A Guide In Venice
Ranked #37 of 177 Tours in Venice
Type: City Tours, Tours
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I thought three hours on our first two mornings in Venice would be more than enough time, but Helene had so much to share, and was so able to tailor the tours to appeal to everyone from our 9 year old to my mother-in-law, that I soon realized six hours would barely scratch the surface!

Helene is a total expert, and anything you're curious about will be explained. Her tour of the Basilica was the best I've ever had!

My mother-in-law got a bit of a chill (it was raining and just 50F), and Helene, a native Venetian, said, 'Oh, let's pop in here, this is a nice cafe.' It was cozy and warm, and in the salon, she shared some of the fundamentals and foundations (literally) of Venice.

The next day, she took us on a specially crafted Vivaldi and Tiepolo expedition, sharing so much information along the way that we had trouble following up on everything she suggested over the ensuing five days on our own.

It was a truly memorable experience. I can't recommend Helene enough.

There are newer reviews for A Guide In Venice

Reviewed April 14, 2013

As a "mature" couple, Sabrina was able to adapt the tour of her beautiful to our interests and energy level. She has a very deep knowledge of Venetian history about which we were interested. She conveyed her knowledge in a relaxing manner appropriate to the subject matter. Her company provided a reasonable estimate for time, costs of attraction tickets and water transportation which did not change. Although we had agreed on 6 hours of time, she gave us a bit more by a accompanying us back to the hotel. During our time,we received an excellent introduction to Venice. We recommend Sabrina without reservation.

3  Thank Howard H
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We arranged a tour of the Canarregio district and the Ghetto with A Guide in Venice. Our guide, Fernando Viotto, met us in the lobby of our hotel at the scheduled time. Unfortunately, it was an unusually cold, wet day in Venice, so we couldn't do everything Fernando had planned. However, we made the best of it and Fernando managed to show us a lot and was very knowledgeable. He was also very kind and insisted that my daughter take his jacket, once he saw her shivering. If you're staying in Venice for a short time and want an organized way to see and learn as much as possible, I'd recommend booking with A Guide in Venice.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Venice is "THE" most beautiful city!! I went to Venice as part of my Italian Honeymoon and ohh what a start! Venice is breathtaking and there's so much beauty around that me and my husband couldn't stop clicking pictures in every nook and corner! We had a guided tour of St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace with our guide Elizabeth Ferrari. She was a very warm person and she took us around Venice from the smallest of the alleys! It was a very entertaining and fun tour with a small group of 10. After this we went for the ever-so-romantic Gondola ride! To summarize my experience of Venice in one word, Venice = Romance!!!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My mother and I had the pleasure of being guided around Venice by Sabrina for four days and Helene for one. Both women were seriously amazing! Sabrina led us through most sections of the city - popping us in and out of churches we might have otherwise never seen, talking us through centuries of history, and seemed to have an answer to literally any question we thought to ask. Helene gave us countless recommendations for food, regained us with hilarious stories, and knew pretty much everything there was to know about Palladio. To walk around Venice with either of these women is an absolute pleasure.

1  Thank Mohaibayo