“Lost quality”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Polo
“Lost quality”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have been at the Madonna several times in 2011 & 2012; - good food at reasonable prices, just like Michelin Guide described. Now we realized that the place Sent down dramatically. Spaghetti Vongole fresh, served almost cold, portion reduced by 1/3. Astice ( Hummer) was dry and shrunken, obviously cooked the previous day. Not to mention seafood risotto, does not contain visible seafood particles. The bill with the tip already included. A we will not go anymore.

2 Thank Oliocarli

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
“Everything we order was excelent”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We ordered different plates and recommend the black rice with squid. Also the mussels (cozze) marinara were fantastique, the tiramisu was a litrle to sweet for me but good taste in general. The price high but finally a good value for the money.

Dallas, TX
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was one of our favorites. We had an excellent clam and mussel starter. My fish was excellent and I liked the atmosphere. I though it was very reasonable.

Visited May 2013
Texas
“Adequate, but not Overwhelming”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local Venice resident as being a hidden gem known only to local people with great food. If this restaurant was a hidden gem, it is no longer. I had a view of the entrance from my seat in the restaurant and it became clear to me that 80% of the people coming through the door were tourists with their tour books open. The food was adequate, but was not particularly tasty, except dessert (which was great). I thought it was fun that the seafood, including the whole fish, is displayed in cases as you enter the restaurant and that the waiter brings you fish (with its skin) to you for approval before the fish is taken to the kitchen for cooking. The bread on the table is stale and I noted that most people did not finish the piece they began. The wine, of course, is excellent. It is, after all, Italy.

New York City, New York
“Ok food, but seems like a tourist destination”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

When I read reviews of this place being in a dark alley off the beaten path by the Rialto bridge, I thought it must be a hidden gem. Walking up to the restaurant was a little scary as there's just a simple door and you can't really see inside. It seems like a secret place that you're discovering and must be good. But as soon as you walk in and see the numerous waiters and the huge room (well 3 separate dining rooms to be exact) with banquet looking tables, you realize this is just another place in Venice capitalizing on tourists. Especially with the 12% service charge included (the 2 Euro per person cover charge didn't bother me, as every restaurant I went to in Venice, even the ones not near tourist attractions had that.) The food was fine, but nothing special. Felt like I could get the same thing at an Italian restaurant in America. The service was faster than typical in Italy, but a line was forming and I think they were trying to get us out of there. I will say they never pressured us to order anything or balked when we ordered beer instead of a bottle of wine. Their prices for food and drinks were reasonable though so in the end I was happy that at least we didn't spend too much money on the mediocre food.

Overall I would say skip it. Next time I'd rather go to one of the touristy places along the water near the Rialto because at least I could say I had a nice view while eating mediocre food.