“Wonderful Venetian Experience”
other travelers have booked this property
The entrance The living room - detail 1
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
The entrance
The living room - detail 1
The view from the apartment
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2
A bathroom
Map
Venice
The kitchenette
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful Venetian Experience”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Lovely true Venetian experience. Everything was exactly as described and Anna was prompt to return emails and phone calls. We arrived early by water taxi and Lucia was there at the apt getting it ready for us. She spoke hardly any English but a friendly neighbor helped out with translating to her that we wanted to leave our bags. So we did with no problem. If you are staying for more than a couple of nights I suggest a 48 hr or 72 hr pass for the Water Bus. There is a station , S.Toma a couple of mins. from the apt. and the Rialto Station is only a couple of stops away. The views from the apt were fantastic and seeing the everyday deliveries , water buses and gondola's was fascinating. There was a party or something at the Palace next door and watching the guests arrive in there formal attire on the red carpet for photo's was fun. Can't really give any recommendations on food as it was hit and miss but the guys did find a small store for groceries not far from the apt.

Cons: Being two couples, the layout of the bedrooms was not wonderful but we managed.
Don't waste your time on the shuttle bus to the Designer Factory Outlet Mall on the mainland especially if you are from the US. Prices are better here! And beware of the free water taxi to Murano to the glass factory,at the end there is a heavy sales pitch to buy there glass. Which again in my opinion was way to expensive.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
FL
Reviewed December 26, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Management Response
Dec 26, 2013
Dear Tanya and Jeff,
I saw your review and I want to thank you for your kindess.
I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your next visit!
Best wishes Anna

Reviewed July 3, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

wskungfuc...
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Live the Venetian life right on the canal!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 for a stay in June 2013
people found this review helpful

Our family stayed at Palazzo Tiepoletto for 3 nights in early June. Contacting the owner was easy and pleasant. We were absolutely charmed by the place and fell in love with it. No, it's not perfect and lacks some of the amenities some people want when they travel, but being able to sit out on the building's jetty in the morning, drink your coffee and watch the Grand Canal slowly wake up is priceless and unforgettable. It also was a great place to take photos! My wife loved sitting by the open window overlooking the canal while she read her book. My kids loved running from the apartment's courtyard down the long narrow alley that leads out into the city streets swatting at the flies that lived there as they ran. If you want to experience the life of a Venetian for a few days, look no further.

The location is outstanding. It is centrally located on the canal--the San Toma stop is a few minute walk away. By the end of the trip our kids led us to it like locals. On the Vaporetto 2 line you are one stop away from the Rialto Bridge to the east and you are 3 stops away from Piazza San Marco the other way. You are also only about a 15-20 min Vaporetto ride to the Ferrovia (train station) depending on the line you catch. You are a couple minutes walk from the Frari and the Scuola di San Rocco--both highly recommended places to see while in Venice. Great mask stores, trattorias and gelatarias serving 1,50€ cones are everywhere (some of the tastiest and cheapest in the country!). There is also a Billa supermarket within a 5 minute walk. And oh btw, as you row or motor towards the apartment from Rialto, check out the building immediately to the right of Palazzo Tiepoletto--it is the Palazzo Pisani, the building James Bond destroyed in Casino Royale! Awesome!

Okay, so the minor downsides worth mentioning: the Wifi reception and speed are horrible. We found it basically unusable during our stay even when we successfully connected. We didn't really care. We were in Venice sitting right on the Grand Canal. Find one of several dozens of cafes or restaurants nearby with free wifi and Facebook/Tweet/email your heart out about how awesome your vacation apartment is. The bathrooms are small--hey welcome to Europe! Who cares? The ONLY really relevant complaint I would make is that the AC works but is probably not strong enough to make a visit in July or August pleasant enough for our family's temperature comfort zone (we like it colder than most people though!). We were slightly warmer than what we are used to but the temperature cooled off significantly at night and it wasn't a problem at all.

Overall we were delighted to stay at Palazzo Tiepoletto. It made us feel like lucky locals. The charm and location of the apartment is second to none. It was one of our favorite places we stayed during our trip to Italy.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being right on the Grand Canal and so close to all the action
Liked least: Air conditioning and Wifi
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Jun 24, 2013
Dear Jay,
thank you for your kindness!
I'm afraid you find the AC not working properly, it was because until the day of your arrival it was quite cold and the machine wasn't yet reversed on cool: if I had known it I would have sent Lucia to swicht it.
I really hope to have soon another chance to host you, and to meet you in person! Best Anna
Melbourne
Reviewed June 20, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing