“A must if you're in Venice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alla Palazzina

Alla Palazzina
Ranked #646 of 1,409 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
berkshire
“A must if you're in Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a city break with friends and stumbled across this restaurant on Saturday evening . What a find!! Happy , helpful staff that couldn't do enough for you, fantastic food and gorgeous house red wine. If you want a starter go for the prawns with bacon , all the pasta dishes are lovely , I had the bolognaise. Prosecco by glass, of course in venice it's usually a wine glass !! Make sure you visit , you won't be is disappointed. The owner was telling us he had visited Cambridge 20 yrs ago for a Gondola competition ! A fun place with great atmosphere

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Solon, Iowa
“The Best Meal We Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were introduced to Alla Palazzina by accident. What a happy accident! We had a 3 course fixed price meal for 30 euros (one prix fixe was seafood and the other was meat) and spent another 20 euros on wine. We started with a salmon carpaccio which was fantastic. This was followed by a savory seafood lasagna and the finale was sea bream done Venetian style. The restaurant is located on one of the minor canals at the foot of the Guglie bridge (Ponte delle Guglie). If you were to come out of the train station (ferrovia) you would turn left and walk straight for about 5-10 minutes. During nice weather you can sit outside and watch the activity on the canal. Unfortunately it was raining the day we were there. It is a friendly place with the whole family (Tomaso, the owner and chef, his wife, children and parents--all pitching in, clearing tables, etc. Tomaso himself is a friendly, personable guy with decent English. The place is decorated in a rather rustic style with dark wood--not fancy but picturesque. The menu (aside from the prix fixe) looked incredible with a tremendous variety of Venetian specialties. Before we left, Tomaso poured us each a shot of grappa on the house. He gave my wife a big hug and kiss on the cheek (big black beard and all) and I even got a hug and a kiss from the waitress. We only regret that we didn't take Tomaso's offer to fix us a big plate of prosciutto and cheese done according to his judgment. We saw several people order this and if we hadn't been so full we would have ordered it as a fourth course. Do yourself a favor and take him up on this offer. I know Americans are reluctant to do something like this but you won't go wrong if you do. This was not only the best meal we had in Venice but the best meal we had on our three-week trip which also included Rome, Florence, Portofino and Bolzano.

• Visited October 2012
Wellington, Western Cape, South Africa
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a true gem hidden next to the canal. The outside terrace is quiet and peaceful away from the hustle and bustle of Rialto. Fantastic gnocci. Loved the layd back atmosphere.

Visited October 2012
“very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

very romantic place.. nice house white wine and cheese, great duck pasta, amazing beef carpaccio with red wine, murano glass on the tables, friendly owner and working till late evening.. don't know how was it for anyone else, but I'm definaely going there again next time ..

• Visited July 2012
Western Mass.
“"Worth more than a snapshot"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I was surprised to read the negative reviews, because I found this to be one of the better-quality meals I enjoyed in Venice. I sat in the pleasant green arbor-shaded back garden as the sun set on a warm spring evening. I had pasta w minced duck, and before that, beef carpaccio-- some of the best I'd tasted in years-- as an appetizer. The place had been recommended to me by the staff of the nearby hotel I was staying in for my final overnight in Venice prior to flying home to Massachusetts. By coincidence, I had photographed its handsome canal-side entrance facade at twilight a week before. Glad I went in for a meal before I left town.

• Visited May 2012