“Superb!!”

Ranked #214 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Luton, United Kingdom
“Superb!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel was in a great location and the staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay at this hotel again

• Stayed June 2012

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed January 8, 2012

very clean and good hospitality
small rooms
good breakfast

3 Thank prkark
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 15, 2011

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. It is a 2 star hotel and as you arrive you see why, the building is old and the breakfast area is small and with no decoration at all...BUT! as you enter your room you are surprise by a well decorated, clean and spacious room with comfortable beds and goos size bathroom. The AC worked perfect, the TV and the safe. What a value in a city where you feel you are being over charge on everything. It is quite easy to reach once you arrive to Venice with the information on it's location. BEWARE! We ran into a "kind" Viennese who offer to show us the way when we were 3 blocks from the hotel, once there I got ready to tip him and as I did he ask a whole lot more euros. This led to an argument that tainted the mood of arriving to one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I will return to this hotel again and again.

1 Thank juanca123
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Hotel Al Malcanton is an easy walk from the station and if you follow their instructions, it is not hard to find. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. After walking all over Venice, exploring the sights, we were pleased to have a room in a quiet hotel where a good night's sleep was ensured. This is a simple hotel but it met our needs in every way.

2 Thank Misterwolf57
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2011

When I booked this hotel I wondered why there were hardly any reviews since it opened in 2009 and I was a bit skeptical. No worries here, this hotel is quiet, cozy and well managed. It is actually two hotels one above the other managed by the same group. The attention to detail and comfort of our room was really evident after coming from a hotel in Rome that was a bit disappointing. I can also see how it would be hard to find but prior to our arrival we received an email with step by step directions and a pdf. map. Peter the owner quickly became a trusted friend doling out advice and humour. The european style breakfast was ample warm and fresh each morning. Wi-fi is included and simple to access. Clean well decorated and fairly spacious for Europe. Modern fixtures and Murano glass light fixtures.
Thank you Peter !

Room Tip: This hotel is located close to the Piazalle Roma.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank coldcanuck
istanbul
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We have stayed during the carnival 2011 for three nights, rooms are very clean and decorated Venetian style. Location is not close to San Marco but it is good to be far away from crowd and it gives you a choice to discover other squares very close to bus staion and train station, breakfast is ok as a continental breakfast. Silent surroundings let you
enjoy the Venice besides the carnival.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank petekatakurt
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This hotel is really great. I stayed here with my family for 5 nights and it was a pleasant, Venetian experience. I arrived earlier than my family so they stored my luggage and I could take on the sites. I was able to get into the room right on time and rest for a bit. Each morning, the hotel serves a continental breakfast with warm croissants and made to order coffee or tea. It is a nice leisurely way to begin your day! The rooms themselves are huge and extremely clean. We stayed in a triple room which had one king sized bed and then a single bed. The beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and easy to use. They also provided soap and shampoo for our use and enough towels for 3 people. The staff each day cleaned the room, made the bed and ordered our towels.

The highlight of this hotel is when I left I managed to leave my jewelry in the room. I didn't realize it, and thought I lost in route back to the USA. On the recommendation from my family I emailed the hotel to see by chance if I left it. They responded that after really searching they found it! It was a miracle to me! So, they sent it to me, FREE of charge back to the USA. I was so impressed with their concern and consideration of mailing it to me.

I highly recommend this hotel to travelers in Venice. It is extremely, reasonably priced. The location is very convenient to the train station and bus station. It is also convenient to all the sites. We found it very easy to walk to and from. It is also on a quiet street, so even though you are on the ground level you don't have any noises.

Their website is great and gives you a good view of the rooms and the breakfast.

Enjoy!