“ten stars”

Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$101.70*
and up
Musica a Palazzo 'Traveling Opera' Performance in...
Ranked #13 of 793 things to do in Venice
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Accessible Opera, as though it was in your sitting room, but its a palace in Venice. Stunningly personal. Fun fun fun with 3 light and easy Operas to choose, 7 nights a week. It will make so many people's trip to Venice even more memorable.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

i wood give this show ten stars if i could after 30 years of travel and seeing many shows this was the most fantastic show just to sit in the rooms of the old palace and see the show with candles burning and listen to the music and opera was very speical yes the place is old and dusty but tell me were in the world you could do this,dont expect the covent garden or la scala just go and imerse yourself in the atmosphere.

1  Thank johnbrum
Write a ReviewReviews (1,364)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The setting in an old palazzo was fun, and moving rooms gave you the opportunity to get a better view. We saw La Traviata and there were a few wobbly moments.

1  Thank vanjaap
Reviewed February 23, 2014

First note is that the location on the Trip Advisor map is NOT correct - do not use it if you are trying to find your way. We were in Venice for a week, so we made a point to locate the building during the day a few days before we went for our evening. Yes, it is difficult to find but if you have the time to wander around (during the day), follow one of the great Venice maps and you will find it.

We attended the Musica A Palazzo on New Year's Eve (2013), and it was a really nice evening. I will start by saying we are not huge fans of opera, having said that, we really enjoyed our evening and the experience. Of course it was in Italian but the singers were AMAZING and the atmosphere is amazing as well. Something I would highly recommend if you want to do something different while in Venice.

I was a bit disappointed with the seating. We made sure to be there early so that we would get a good seat (I'm 5'2") and have a hard time seeing if not in the front row. During the first act it was great, because we were early, we were in the front row. For the second and third acts there was a mad dash to get a good seat, and we were not able to. My husband (who is 6'3") was very claustrophobic during the second act and actually did not go into the room where the third act was held as the seats were VERY close together. The seats really are crammed in there, and if you are short, you can't really see what is going on (as the seats are not elevated) unless you are in the first few rows. The poor seating definitely took away from the experience in my opinion.

There was complimentary champagne (sparking wine) between the first and second act, which was a nice touch. A tip, if you want a good seat for the second act, I'd recommend skipping the queue for the champagne and heading right into the room where the second act is taking place.

I would definitely recommend this for fans of opera, as well as for those who enjoy a different experience.

2  Thank Anastacia99
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Ok – here it is – the best part of our holiday. By chance we discovered we could buy tickets to Opera, but not opera in a theatre, but opera taking place in 3 rooms of an old Palazzo (Palazzo Barbarigo Minotto) on the Grand Canal. I didn’t even think about it and got the 70 Eur/ person tickets for Il Barbiere di Siviglia. What a treat!! It was amazing to see them performing just 1 metre away from you. I want to go back to Venice only because I want to see the other plays they have. If you like opera – this is a must! They also have drinks (alcoholic and soft) included in the price, during the interval.

2  Thank Loves2travel099
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We saw la Traviata. Three singers, held in three different rooms and the audience moved with the action. It was amazing - I didn't know the story and (of course) it was in Italian but even so, I found myself crying at the end - it doesn't end well...I thoroughly recommend this and it was a real highlight of our stay - quite a special experience!

4  Thank Helen P